Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Possible but I dont think practical - with conversions the EV components normally go in place of the ICE components. The only way you will really get away with that is by sacrificing load space for the EV components or going for a much smaller engine, gearbox, fuel tank, radiators etc. There is a UK company making a rex available but it's about £8k!
Don't imagine that the range is very good for £8k

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks... so how much would a rapid conversion be for a ZE?
Once the first few are out the way probably about £1500+VAT

·
Registered
9 Posts
How is it looking for a rapid charging solution on the fluence, time till it's available and approx cost of the kit.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How is it looking for a rapid charging solution on the fluence, time till it's available and approx cost of the kit.
Within a couple of months and ~£1500

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Here I guess! We have had about half a dozen enquiries about the fluence and have a customer wanting a large number of kangoos with them fitted (they both use very similar parts) so we have a fair ammount of srive to make it work with these. We have proven the charger interface to work on converted cars so it's now just a case of integrating with each spwcific vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here I guess! We have had about half a dozen enquiries about the fluence and have a customer wanting a large number of kangoos with them fitted (they both use very similar parts) so we have a fair ammount of srive to make it work with these. We have proven the charger interface to work on converted cars so it's now just a case of integrating with each spwcific vehicle.
marvelous, I don't think you'll have any trouble selling them, fluence owners the world over have been praying for faster charging.
Are you using the chademo standard?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
marvelous, I don't think you'll have any trouble selling them fluence owners the world over have been praying for faster charging.
Are you using the chademo standard?
Yes chademo spec with the yazaki connector. Only major issue I see is where to put the plug on the fluence!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,082 Posts
Just out of interest (I have a Fluence) do you know if there are any implications in terms of the T&Cs for the battery lease if the car is modified this way?
You would be in immediate breach of the T&C and they would be within their rights to request the battery is returned.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Not at all related the the tesla upgrade that quick charge power are offering. We have developed a controller for the vehicle side suitable for conversions and are essentially tweaking it to work with other vehicles. The kangoo and fluence are a good fit for this.

I don't know about warranty (would need to checknexact wording) but suspect donald is right.

I have heard on grapevine that RCI are offering fluence owners the option to buy their batteries.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
How easy would it be to fit rapid charging to a Z.E?
Does anyone know if this is possible as the kangoo battery is the same as the zoe so has the capacity to rapid charge. Can I take something out of a Zoe and swap it into a kangoo to make it rapid charge?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts