Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Chances are it's like my Ampera - I have a 16 kWh battery, but only 10 get used. My battery never gets fully charged up, or fully discharged - so this way it lasts many more charge-discharge cycles before wearing out. In practice Ampera batteries seem to be lasting well over 100k miles as a result of this gentle treatment.

Also, if your battery is degrading gradually, you might find the apparent capacity going down. Leaf owners report losing a bar or so of range after they've done a highish mileage - but I don't know any more than that about those cars.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,034 Posts
When going for maximum range in my Kangoo van my best yet is 88miles remainder 4 . It shows in the trip computer using 16kWhs . If it's a 22kWh battery where did the other 6kWhs go ?

Electric White Van man
IIRC, the Fluence did not show electric heating energy used. The Kangoo would surely be the same?

When it is charged up next time, turn the car on and just leave the heating running. If the power used drops then your question remains, if it does not drop your question is probably answered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts