Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Rapid Charger at Keele Northbound is fixed?

If so, I'll plan to use it tomorrow.

If not I'll go to plan B!

Thanks

Matthew

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Which network is it? If it's Ecotricity then I would check their map, but more so tweet them and ask (map isn't always "live" and up to date) if it's @CYC or another I'd tag them here and ask them for tips.

Good luck!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul,

Ecotricity map shows it still out of order Northbound, but Southbound ok.

Does anyone know if you can cross from North to South etc at this services?

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that info.

Stafford North ok, but then gives me a 53 mile run into Trafford Park with an 80% charge.

Keele would have saved me 10miles!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Had 1 hours charge at Keele Services North whilst heading for the Lake District for the week.:)
It looked like the rapid was offline though.
Looks like Cumbria is not EV friendly yet as I cant find any charge points:(

20141017_132326.jpg

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Had 1 hours charge at Keele Services North whilst heading for the Lake District for the week.:)
It looked like the rapid was offline though.
Looks like Cumbria is not EV friendly yet as I cant find any charge points:(

View attachment 2170
Just been up to the lakes and found the very same thing. So that's 500 miles with only the 1 charge for our outbound journey :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
When I looked, around four weeks ago, the rapid was out of action and the mediums wouldn't play with the Zoe.
Is there any news about the rapid?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not seen any updates recently.

I would hope it would be this year, but to be honest, now Knutsford is installed, it is less of an issue for me (Stafford to home was a 75mile stretch without: do-able, but more hassle having hills at the end).

As always, if you really want to know, tweet ElecHighway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used Keele Services last week for our trip to Aviemore. Northbound rapid was dead on our journey up Friday 21st. Horrible weather - wind & rain. Spoke to helpful staff in Waitrose store and they kindly lent us a pass card so we could use the service road to get to the southbound rapid charger, and back again. A bit Laura Croft as the barrier posts went into the ground :)
Southbound rapid still working on our return trip Sunday 30th.
Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts