Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking forward to getting my eNiro that I ordered in May last year and should arrive at the end of April.
However, now for the dilema. Most of what I do has now been cancelled and will stay that way for months so I won't be using it plus the value of my current car has dropped like the stock market!
I'll need to talk to the dealer this week but wonder if anyone else has asked about delaying delivery or just cancelling and what the reaction was. I heard somewhere that there was a penalty on the dealer for cancellation which could be more than my deposit of 1,000 so may mean they would rather up the trade in than pay it. Not sure if this is true though so want to my fact straight first.
Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The dealer will usually pocket £2500 for selling you your e-Niro. If the customer name is changed and the dealer sells to someone else he will only pocket £500 (to prevent them selling unwanted Niros on the side) plus Kia UK probably gets a bit angry with them.

Normally the dealer will simply cancel your order on the Kia system and the car will be passed to another customer probably at another dealership. There's no direct penalty for the dealership, I guess cancelled orders are just a standard day to day occurrence really.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

Just thought I would give an update on the new car. My car arrived at the dealers at the end of May and was concerned what to do with the current car since realistically, I wasn't going to be able to sell this myself. So, checked WBAC and got a silly valuation (which did go up quite a bit a few days later). I was all set to cancel and see what would happen over the deposit and then the dealer offered the same trade-in value as pre-Covid and surprise, surprise, I went with it and now have a great new car!

Would love to get rid of the bongs on startup though.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts