Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the Fluence a year ago, the first company I signed up with was CYC. They charge £20 per year to have a card. though an iphone app is also available without paying the £20.

I have not used CYC at all, partly due to lockdown, but also not seeing any of their chargers. They now want another £20, which seems a very poor deal.

What do you guys do? Is there any need for an actual card?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Only vaguely worth it if you're going to Scotland, as the card would be useful for starting any ChargePlace Scotland units which don't have a mobile signal.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Personally, I'm not going to bother renewing the card next time around unless we get a longer range EV that could be used for national trips. If I'm traveling to a location where I'm familiar with the chargers I already know the app works just fine. Weirdly, I've come across chargers that only work with the app and not the card, yet the card works for others...!? Besides the CPS [CYC] charging network is so unreliable these days with sparse chargers in awkward locations.

As mentioned before most of the new destination chargers being installed do not work with my crappy EV. With rapids being quite expensive and wfh now has put the final nail in the coffin.

It's easier and just as cheap taking the diesel with 70+mpg and huge range. I did a long trip at the weekend and the diesel fuel gauge was on the last bar and still had 100+ mile range. No need to fill up, lol!

Reactions: Tandy0

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I only had mine as it helped give something back to GMEV, turns out CYC were just not putting anything into maint and they lost the contract(short story) and its changing provider so mines being jacked in as well. I used the app last night instead and it did the job just about :)
have to see how it is in scotland this week so fingers crossed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts