Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what tells the radio to turn off and display clock temp on the touchscreen (Rlink1) in the Zoe when the drivers door is opened ? - Is it done by a signal down by wire to the door switch or through the CAN ?

i want to try and mod it son it to keep the radio on when the car is not running , when i am parked up and need to keep opening and shutting the drivers door instead of turning off.

understand its by design to not wear down the 12v battery , but it turns off anyway after 20minutes of inactivity or whatever it is and when you lock the doors so no issue there anyway.

thanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I can't fully answer your question but what I can tell you is wiggling the keycard in the ZE40's slot is enough to keep the radio alive for longer. I believe it's on a timer, so it's not soley switch dependant.

On ZE50 there is APC mode for exactly this use case (well I think it was more for ZE50 Van and running things off the 12V cigarette lighter.. but same effect).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does anyone know what tells the radio to turn off and display clock temp on the touchscreen (Rlink1) in the Zoe when the drivers door is opened ? - Is it done by a signal down by wire to the door switch or through the CAN ?

i want to try and mod it son it to keep the radio on when the car is not running , when i am parked up and need to keep opening and shutting the drivers door instead of turning off.

understand its by design to not wear down the 12v battery , but it turns off anyway after 20minutes of inactivity or whatever it is and when you lock the doors so no issue there anyway.

thanks.
Just had a thought that the timing should be a software parameter. Is it a setting accessible using DDT4ALL?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a thought that the timing should be a software parameter. Is it a setting accessible using DDT4ALL?

Thanks , if it is though I cannot find it in the MFD navigation settings nor the rad 2010 settings I have been through them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two ICE Meganes I've owned also silence the radio when the engine is off and door open even with card still in slot, seems to be standard Renault programming. Guess it's to save the 12v.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks , if it is though I cannot find it in the MFD navigation settings nor the rad 2010 settings I have been through them
Had another thought. If the radio unit has two positive supply wires one is the battery and the other is ignition. It is the ignition lead (dropping to 0V) that tells the radio to start the 20 minute time out. Take the ignition wire off and connect it to the battery wire through an appropriately rated fuse. The radio will think the ignition is on all the time and won't time out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had another thought. If the radio unit has two positive supply wires one is the battery and the other is ignition. It is the ignition lead (dropping to 0V) that tells the radio to start the 20 minute time out. Take the ignition wire off and connect it to the battery wire through an appropriately rated fuse. The radio will think the ignition is on all the time and won't time out.
I might try that one day - the radio however is tucked right up in the dash , and sits behind the multifunction touch screen display and to get to it or its wiring means dashboard off jobby I think , and I tried to take the dash out of my Zoe once but gave it up as a bad job because it was getting stuck on the passenger air bag side area , so give it up and put it all back together again

·
Registered
91 Posts
I might try that one day - the radio however is tucked right up in the dash , and sits behind the multifunction touch screen display and to get to it or its wiring means dashboard off jobby I think , and I tried to take the dash out of my Zoe once but gave it up as a bad job because it was getting stuck on the passenger air bag side area , so give it up and put it all back together again
You can do it at the fusebox end of the wiring. One will be a feed off the battery, probably for aux services and the other will be a feed off the ignition circuit. How you actually connect those both off the battery safely will be up to you as the wire off the ignition feed is likely to be off a much lower rated fuse.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can do it at the fusebox end of the wiring. One will be a feed off the battery, probably for aux services and the other will be a feed off the ignition circuit. How you actually connect those both off the battery safely will be up to you as the wire off the ignition feed is likely to be off a much lower rated fuse.
if its on the same relay as the windows I wouldnt mind going that way too because the amount of times I have gone to do up my windows or wind them down and have either had to get the keycard out of my pocket and put it into the dash slot or start up the car to wind up and down the windows is another pain , if I could address the too at the same time that would be good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts