Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a real nightmare for using the passenger seat as a shelf for putting food and odds and ends and things on as I drive. So I always run the regular risk of food crumbs staining seat fabric and suchlike. As I really like this car (and it was expensive for me!!), I decided I want to protect the passenger seat from me and my ways! So I bought the thing in the picture from Amazon and was pretty happy with myself. Obviously I'd take it off if I have a passenger, but I'd probably just keep it on for when it's just me in the car and the colour goes well enough with the rest of it that it doesn't distract me.

But I suddenly had the thought... is this a bad idea? If I keep a cover on one of the front seats most of the time but not the other, will the seat fabric fade at a different rate on one seat than the other and look silly over time?

Or am I just over-thinking it? I'm probably over-thinking it aren't I? rocks back and forth in chair muttering softly about seat fabrics o_O

·
Registered
502 Posts
Quite a good idea, I may well get something like that for myself for similar reasons. You're correct though, I'd suggest not having it on the seat unless you're actually using it, as you may find over a long period that sun-bleaching and general exposure will make the seat look slightly mismatched. Looks like it's a simple thing to take on & off by hooking over the headrest. Obviously depends how often you have passengers in your car, but I'd be tempted to keep it folded up in the footwell or under the seat for ease of access.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite a good idea, I may well get something like that for myself for similar reasons. You're correct though, I'd suggest not having it on the seat unless you're actually using it, as you may find over a long period that sun-bleaching and general exposure will make the seat look slightly mismatched. Looks like it's a simple thing to take on & off by hooking over the headrest. Obviously depends how often you have passengers in your car, but I'd be tempted to keep it folded up in the footwell or under the seat for ease of access.
I guess the problem with that is, I tend to throw things on there absent-mindedly. If I'm being absent-minded, will I remember to clip the cover back on before I do it?

Maybe I'll do as you suggest though and just clip it back on before going on any long journeys. These will be the ones where I'm more likely to buy a snack along the way and throw it onto the seat anyway.

Amazon link is here if anyone else is interested in getting the same one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts