Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our My18 Soul EV is approaching 6 months old and around 2000 miles but its recently developed an annoying fault / scenario.

At the end of our journey we brake, shift to P and hit the on/off switch. The car bongs and wont shut down properly. It says "Shift to P" and the key light remains on the dash.

We have to keep shifting from P to D/B/R and back to P several times to get it to eventually shut down correctly. This can sometimes take up to 10 attempts.

If the car isnt shut down, you cant lock it and when you leave it beeps at you loudly..

Anyone know whats going on? Low key battery? Bad shift switch?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,922 Posts
I'd think it's a bad shift switch. I'd take it straight to a dealer to be fixed under warranty. There's no point putting up with a fault like that. Worth checking around the lever to make sure there isn't a piece of crud or something wedged in there just in case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,
What was the result in taking your car to the dealer.
My 18 plate Soul EV went to the dealership for a service last week and they can’t power down the car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you have 2 sets of keys you can see if it happens with just one set. My car often says there is no key in the car but if move the key near the dash it seems to sense it. I wonder were the sensor is located and if that is the problem.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you have 2 sets of keys you can see if it happens with just one set. My car often says there is no key in the car but if move the key near the dash it seems to sense it. I wonder were the sensor is located and if that is the problem.
Or the battery is low in one of the keys?

·
Registered
817 Posts
The key fob takes CR2032 3V lithium cells. You can get a pack of 8 from Poundland. Easy to change yourself at first sign of trouble but this does sound like a problem with the shift switch that should be addresses under warranty.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If the battery key is low, hold the key on the start stop button and press the start button with the key. When I got my used Soul it wouldn’t start after a few days of having it and said key not detected, the key was in the cubby tray below the USB slots. Held the key on the start button and it started up. Being new I’d been reading the owners book and that was where it said to do it if key went flat. Replaced the key battery and never happened again. Low 12v battery could be another reason for the car not powering down, seems to cause all sorts of weird behaviour!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts