Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 300e 2020 model and Leaf 40kW 2019 model
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
This morning when I was going to drive to work with my car I noticed that my wife forgot to turn the pre-heating off in her Leaf 40, and since I knew she was not going anywhere, I though I turn it off. I could hear the fan running at full speed, making a lot of noise and when I opened the car with my key I could feel the heat inside was pretty high, not alarming, but I felt it was higher than I'd prefer it to be, and that's just minutes after the heating started (but maybe that's normal, the heater is VERY efficient). The charging cable was connected and of course that stupid car immediately started to whine with all those pointless signals. Anyway, I went into the menu and turned off the departure time preheating, all fine I thought, and opened the door again, pushing the OFF button, but then I got an ugly message that the key can't be identified and so the car won't turn off, which I could hear because the fan was still spinning and the displays didn't turn off, like when it normally is stopped. I exited the car, closed the door and the chiming continued, I pushed the door button to try to lock the door, but could see the display warning about the missing key (which was in my pocket, so it was near the car). The chiming just continued, waking up people around... NISSAN!!!! How did you think regarding all those idiotic signals, some without a text message...!!!! :( :mad::p

Anyway, i tried everything, even locking unlocking using the key, also tried to unlock the charge cable but that was kept locked, so I could not remove the cable, meaning I couldn't even take it to service in that situation. The car was drivable if the cable is removed, even if no key is detected once you pushed the ON....????? WTF is this? After a few minutes I went into my house to get the other key and left my own key a bit away from the car, but the same response even with the second key... Key not detected. Then after some more swearing I pushed the charge cable release one last time before deciding to call the assistance and... I could hear the cable released and the fan stopped. So I removed the cable, locked the charge port, entered the car and voila, now I could stop the car for real, the "key not recognized" message was gone and everything was fine again. This took me about ten minutes.

My wife said that this has happened to her even before. So the questions are: Have any of you ever heard about something like that? What did you do in that case? Any idea why this can happen? I mean, the batteries in the keys are OK, or at leat I think they should be, since the car is just one year and three months old and never gave a low key battery warning. The car battery was fully charged, and entering the car was not a problem, also diving into the menu was fine, right up to the time when I wanted to exit.

BTW, anybody knows about any undocumented features? I am specifically after some ways of turning some of the warning sounds off, since some are just sounds and no other indication what that stupid thing is warning for. I also want to turn off that annoying boot message about accepting or declining the terms of conditions of use. That message is totally pointless because it will never stop me from driving, so it doesn't matter if I chose OK or not.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Some of the warning sounds are fixed and you won't be able to turn them off for obvious security reasons.
When you say you had the key with you, was it in your pocket while you were halfway in the car?
This happened to me but as soon I held the key in my hand over the seat the problem was solved.
If you long press the charging port flap key in the remote (the nearest to the ring holder) you will release the cable turning off heating and charging.
You will be able at times to turn on the car if you have the key in your pocket while bending over the seat to reach the start button but this because you're almost inside the car and the key is near enough. I think that to turn the car off you need the key to cross completely the border line and be inside the car to do it.
Once you trigger the "alarm" that the key os not detected you will have to get the key inside the car to deactivate it.
Is to do with the security locking system that prevents you to lock the car with the key inside.
Try opening the window and move the key in and out trying to lock the car, you will see that you are only able to unlock once the car detects the key completely outside the car.

Chamomile tea may help calming you down and have a less nervous approach to it ;)

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
618 Posts
If the intelligent key is discharged or environmental conditions interfere with reception - try the following procedure:

1. Push the park button and firmly apply the foot brake.

2. Touch the power switch with the intelligent key - a chime will sound when the vehicle recognises the intelligent key.

3. Push the power switch whist depressing the brake pedal within 10 seconds following the chime sound.

The power switch changes to ready to drive.

I don't know if this will help in the situation that you found your self but you could give it a go.

I cannot really help with pre heating has I have never gone in for that jazz, far too complicated for me to even think about.

·
State of the art 1958 and 2017
101 Posts
I had an unrecognised key situation the other day. My Zoe and Nissan key were in the same pocket. Once I had separated them all was ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts