Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm interested in purchasing a Twizy and wanted to know what the key things are when looking to buy used?

How expensive is it to buy the battery pack?
Can any Renault dealer undertake the servicing?

Are there any updates on the near horizon?

If any of you are looking to sell your Twizy please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there,
Have a look at the evowners.com forum which seems to be mostly small EV focused including the Twizy. I have seen list lists of potential issues on there ...
Price to buy the battery pack depends on age of the Twizy, I got a quote of £1500 for my early 2015 Twizy. It drops year by year and some have told me they have bought theirs for £800.
I doubt if most dealers would be interested, unless they are selling them I doubt if they would be interested or have the skills to service. I asked our local Renault dealer who didn't have a clue, so I took it to one of the independent EV friendly garages as its 5 years old.
Chris

·
Zoe Devotee
9,197 Posts
If you find one at a sensible price I'd not linger with indecision. There is a garage down south buying up as many as they can then reselling them at a huge price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sandy - I’ve noticed that. To be honest when you are getting Zoe’s and even i3’s for similar cash I don’t know who would be paying those prices especially as they were that price new! I’m keeping an eye out for any good deals as they pop up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts