Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rubber bits over the unlock and fuel cap opener have just disintegrated on my key. I think I tend use a thumbnail to open them so maybe over stressed.

The remote itself is still working fine, would it be easy enough to get a replacement key and swap the innards over?

This looks very similar (except for the Volt badge) and there are other similar ones on eBay US.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I suspect its this case Astra J wrong logos but same standard GM case, The chinese also do a silicone rubber case cover for the 5 button fob which would cover the holes ;)

Reactions: smokie

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks promising, for £9 it's worth a punt. I'd overlooked the actual key bit, so I only really need to front panel, which they are showing in the exploded diagram.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've just completed this and have a brand new fully functional key! The old one took some force to get it apart but it is only glued. The new one has a screw holding it together which goes behind the little plate with the logo - no logo was supplied with the key but the old one is only stuck on so that came off easy enough. Obviously I also managed to re-use the key blade so all in all I am very happy.

The replacements are also available from China on eBay for something under £4 but the one I got was less than a tenner and I didn't have to wait for weeks and weeks.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Excellent, Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts