Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - probably a bit of a dumb question, but I've got a Model 3 on order, and a rather random thing is worrying me. My bedroom is on the ground floor and right next to the driveway. There's only going to be a couple of metres between where my phone is at night and where the car will be - though obviously also a brick wall in the way too :) I'm not going to accidentally unlock my car when I go to bed, am I?

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
This is a possibility, especially if you park your car in a certain way and you’re very close to it.

The way around this is to switch Bluetooth off when you go to bed.

Alternatively she’ll out £100 or so to get the proper key. Then you can put this somewhere safe away from the range of the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
or don't activate your phone as a key and use the key card you get with the car. especially do not forget to activate pin to drive. at least if they get in they can not drive it.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
I imagine Tesla could implement something similar to smart pre-conditioning where the car doesn’t auto-unlock at weird hours. Like 03:00.

Passive opening would then be automatically enabled at normal times, like when you go to work or the weekend errands. The rest of the time you’d need to confirm on the phone or something.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My garage and front door are 4 ft from my car on the drive and the car doesn't unlock unless i'm outside

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Some people have trouble unlocking if their phone is in their back pocket. It's somewhat phone dependent, but it's really only a foot or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts