Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the keyless entry working for people? According to the manual it should unlock automatically once I get within range, however mine doesn't do this. It'll only unlock if I push the button on the handle or use the unlock button on the remote.

I've checked the settings in the car and it's enabled, it just doesn't seem to work.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,750 Posts
The automatic unlock is in the menu as hands free. Worth turning it off and on again to see if that fixes it.

Mine works ok all the time. Check the light on the EPB comes on when you get near the car. If it doesn't then there's something wrong.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
271 Posts
Thanks, I'll check in the morning and see what happens.
The hands free unlock is working fine for me...
I tried to disable it, just to see how it works when you touch the handle, but that doesn't work so well.
We also have 2020 Citroën Spacetourer on lease. It doesn't have hands free, but the handles are much more responsive for locking and unlocking than the Corsa's.

So I just left the hands free on, and I'm enjoying it most of the time...
It can be bothersome when connecting to a charger for example, where you move away from the car, and then come closer to connect the charging cable. It will lock and unlock several times, as it's pretty sensitive.
I just leave a door open if possible till I'm done connecting.

Maybe your keyfob has a low battery?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the settings in the car. Tested this morning and it's definitely not working, the car only unlocks if I press the button on the remote or press the button on the door handle.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,750 Posts
That doesn't make sense, mine is the Elite Nav so should have it! Think I need to get in touch with out dealer....
This is the thing. The earlier cars don't have it. It's in the user manual but isn't on the car. Some of the later cars do have it. The July user manual has unlock by phone in there which isn't actually available. It's a mess frankly. When I bought my first one I was told it didn't have the welcome unlock (but if you leave the auto lights on then it does the welcome lighting (!) ) so it's obviously some software difference. My current one does have it and I did specify I wanted a later built car that did have it.

What did the dealer say when you got the car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the thing. The earlier cars don't have it. It's in the user manual but isn't on the car. Some of the later cars do have it. The July user manual has unlock by phone in there which isn't actually available. It's a mess frankly. When I bought my first one I was told it didn't have the welcome unlock (but if you leave the auto lights on then it does the welcome lighting (!) ) so it's obviously some software difference. My current one does have it and I did specify I wanted a later built car that did have it.

What did the dealer say when you got the car?
They just said that it was keyless entry & starting. I swear the spec sheets did say keyless entry & start for the elite nav, earlier reviews of the car mention it as well.

But you're right, the whole thing has been a mess. I will fire off an email just to get clarification, is a bit mad that a £30K plus car doesn't have keyless entry.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,750 Posts
Keyless entry is the button touch one. Handsfree is the approach unlocking where you don't need to do a thing. They are different. If it just says keyless then technically you have got keyless. It's just not the keyless you thought. I'd go back to the dealer and ask them about handsfree and whether there is an update. It does work massively better than the standard touch entry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Asked the ev technician at my dealership about this and the fact that some have this function and others do not. He had no idea why it’s not available on my elite nav. Hopefully I will get an answer when I take it in for recall next week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my corsa now has hands free lock and unlock. To enable it, unlock car with the button on the key and then press the lock button and hold it down for at least 5 seconds.
The dealer had already done this when I picked my car up today and quickly told me how to activate it on my spare. Tried a couple of times before it worked as I don’t think I held button long enough but it now works perfectly. Hopefully useful information for anybody without this function.

·
Registered
14 Posts
my corsa now has hands free lock and unlock. To enable it, unlock car with the button on the key and then press the lock button and hold it down for at least 5 seconds.
The dealer had already done this when I picked my car up today and quickly told me how to activate it on my spare. Tried a couple of times before it worked as I don’t think I held button long enough but it now works perfectly. Hopefully useful information for anybody without this function.
Hi there,

Have you had the option come up on the settings menu in the car?

Would you mind checking to see if this option is now showing on your settings menu?

This is what mine currently looks like.

I've followed the steps above a good 4 or 5 times this morning and its still not working on my Elite Nav Premium.

Just so I understand the process:

1) Unlock the car with the key fob
2) Press the lock button for at least 5 seconds to activate the feature

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there,

Have you had the option come up on the settings menu in the car?

Would you mind checking to see if this option is now showing on your settings menu?

This is what mine currently looks like.

View attachment 143253

I've followed the steps above a good 4 or 5 times this morning and its still not working on my Elite Nav Premium.

Just so I understand the process:

1) Unlock the car with the key fob
2) Press the lock button for at least 5 seconds to activate the feature
Hi, mine still doesn’t have the option on the settings either, but it is working on mine now.
They had done it for me already on one key fob when I picked the car up yesterday but told me how to do it on my spare one when I got home.
He just told me to stand next to the car door and unlock using the fob, then lock again and hold the button on the fob for at least 5 seconds I asked which button to hold and he said either will do.
I got home and did the steps with the spare and the first time it didn’t work. So I tried again but held the button longer than five seconds I think. I was standing close to the passenger door while doing this, if that helps.
1. unlock using fob
2. Lock using fob
3. Hold lock button on fob for 5 to 10 seconds. I didn’t count but it can’t hurt to hold it longer.
4. Then I walked away about 10 feet and then walked back up to the door. The doors unlocked and mirrors folded out.
The man did say holding any button would activate it so you could try the unlock button too but I assure you it does now work.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts