Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keyless entry and starting works OK on my ID.3, but keyless locking has stopped working and I have to resort to locking with the key button. My dealer said this is a bug that will be fixed in V2.1 firmware. Has anyone else experienced this? It feels like the dealer has just fobbed me off as it used to work.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,963 Posts
Does it have a menu in the car to turn keyless off? Always worth a go turning it off and the on again.

What sort of keyless is it? Is there a proper button the door handle? Are there buttons on more than the driver's door? Does the boot one work ok (assuming it has it).

Some of the combinations such as driver only etc can confuse the car. I've found that just leads to mad behaviour sometimes as it unlocks the rest of the doors instead of relocking the driver's door for example on the Corsa.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a standard ID.3 so there are sensors on both front doors. The boot works by lifting the bottom of the VW logo, and the doors by pulling on the door handle. Locking is supposed to work by touching the sensor on either front door. It used to work.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine does this from time to time. Your dealer is correct, will come with software updates. Btw keyless access and locking was flawless on my mk7.5 Golf, so I am expecting the updates to bring this level consistency. Might be worth popping your key in the furthest cup holder away from you as this has a re-sync spot for the key.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
572 Posts
Keyless entry and starting works OK on my ID.3, but keyless locking has stopped working and I have to resort to locking with the key button. My dealer said this is a bug that will be fixed in V2.1 firmware. Has anyone else experienced this? It feels like the dealer has just fobbed me off as it used to work.
It's reliable on mine - not perfect, but works the vast majority of the time. My car has already had the 0564 software, then 0570, and now 0783 (aka 2.0) - I wouldn't say it's been any better or worse across those versions.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
102 Posts
For me its been the unlocking that comes and goes rather than the locking. At the moment it has gone back to being reliable. I would try the usual infotainment restart to see if that helps. Perhaps also re-pair the fob by dropping it into the front cup holder for a minute or two

·
EGGY
1,718 Posts
I've had this on 0564, turning keyless off and on again a day later worked for me

Reactions: roadhawk

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family edition
168 Posts
A couple of times I have had both locking or unlocking fail to work (at different times) and had to use the key fob to lock or unlock. The next time I went to lock or unlock the car it was working again, so an intermittent issue rather than it stopping altogether.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've found that if I put my whole palm flat on the door handle it usually locks! It's not as reliable at locking when the handles are wet. Unlocking seems to be a lot more sensitive and I only need to touch the handle with my thumb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts