Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me on Wednesday and this morning. I can lock and start the car using keyless and I can lock/unlock using the button on the key. But for some reason the keyless unlock will not work on driver/passenger door or the boot.
The car is only a couple of months old, any ideas how to fix this?

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
389 Posts
Don't have a fix but I would take it to the dealer if its only a couple of months old!

·
Registered
322 Posts
This has happened to me on Wednesday and this morning. I can lock and start the car using keyless and I can lock/unlock using the button on the key. But for some reason the keyless unlock will not work on driver/passenger door or the boot.
The car is only a couple of months old, any ideas how to fix this?
Odd question but how are you locking the car? There was a software update to disable the keyless entry on a one time basis i.e until the next time the car is opened using the key fob.

For me to do this on my MY16 GTE I have to lock the car with the fob and then touch the door handle within 5 seconds. The keyless entry is now disabled.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Have you tried both keys when it happens? Same result?

Did it happen in the same geographical location?

Have you got your key in a pocket with a mobile phone?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Happened with me as well recently. If I haven't used my car for a couple of days, it disabled keyless entry for me. Once I have unlocked my car with the key and used it for a while, I can again use keyless entry again. Seem to me that it is either a battery conserving measure added or a security feature (preventing theft of cars left unused for a long time period). I have had the car for years now. Never noticed this before tbh

·
Registered
37 Posts
Presumably all "error codes" disappeared after a short drive as consequence of disconnecting 12V battery or did you use additional battery source to keep alive?
Yeah, just had to code the battery in and disable battery service mode using odis. Didn’t even have to leave my parking before all errors disappeared. Disconnected the battery. Didn’t use another source.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts