Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Keyless unlocking not working.

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ankitseal 
#1 ·
This has happened to me on Wednesday and this morning. I can lock and start the car using keyless and I can lock/unlock using the button on the key. But for some reason the keyless unlock will not work on driver/passenger door or the boot.
The car is only a couple of months old, any ideas how to fix this?

#3 ·
Odd question but how are you locking the car? There was a software update to disable the keyless entry on a one time basis i.e until the next time the car is opened using the key fob.

For me to do this on my MY16 GTE I have to lock the car with the fob and then touch the door handle within 5 seconds. The keyless entry is now disabled.

#5 ·
Happened with me as well recently. If I haven't used my car for a couple of days, it disabled keyless entry for me. Once I have unlocked my car with the key and used it for a while, I can again use keyless entry again. Seem to me that it is either a battery conserving measure added or a security feature (preventing theft of cars left unused for a long time period). I have had the car for years now. Never noticed this before tbh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.