Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this has been covered - I tried to do a search for Android Auto across the whole site, but got 25 pages of threads.

Does anyone know if Kia have any intention of fixing the issue via software update, whereby Android Auto shows on the 10.25in screen as a 2/3 screen display with a bloody ugly black banner down the right hand side? Apple Car play uses the full screen width but AA doesn't.

I took a car out for a test drive today and because I was aware of the issue, I took my USB lead and tried AA to see how bad it was - jeez, it's bad. I am a big user of AA, and it is pretty off putting.

It is possible to get around it somewhat by enabling AA, sorting out your playlist on Spotify and then returning to the native map, with the 1/3 split screen insert on the right hand side showing the playlist info from Spotify if you want it to. But using Google maps via AA on that truncated screen with the hideous black split screen insert is a no-no for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ask Kia.
People like me will probably keep posting uninformed, speculative answers that won't help. Besides, even if someone on here knows of an update, it'll be down to Kia UK to instigate the update.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ask Kia.
People like me will probably keep posting uninformed, speculative answers that won't help. Besides, even if someone on here knows of an update, it'll be down to Kia UK to instigate the update.
Already done. I await a reply with interest.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would say Kia would say it's an Android Auto software issue, as it happens on other manufacturers cars too.
There is an option in AA under developer mode where you can change the screen resolution. This works on some other cars but haven't yet got 10" screen to test on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they say that then it is wrong. Confirmed by Google in numerous quotes that the head set needs to accommodate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts