Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure others will have had this news, but not seen it posted here... my dealer contacted me last week to say they were reopening and expected my new car to be delivered in days.

I’ve just signed the finance paperwork via email - they have honoured the part exchange price we agreed in March, and I’m collecting it on Monday!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Has anyone managed to haggle on the 3 year service plan cost? My dad said they want about £550. Sounds a lot when the current Soul is less than £300 for 3 services (not looked at service plan for the current one but going on prices of £99 for major and less for the minor service). Wonder if having liquid cooling makes the servicing more costly, or whether Kia have just bumped it up like Nissan

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
i got an email yesterday, they are calling me Monday to discuss delivery this coming week.
The email did say this is only for "hold over" (my phrase) sales, they arent doing new sales at the moment.
From memory they said it was £240 for three years service prepaid, i'll check Monday.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
31 Posts
Has anyone managed to haggle on the 3 year service plan cost? My dad said they want about £550. Sounds a lot when the current Soul is less than £300 for 3 services (not looked at service plan for the current one but going on prices of £99 for major and less for the minor service). Wonder if having liquid cooling makes the servicing more costly, or whether Kia have just bumped it up like Nissan
The latest sales guide didn't have a price ("TBC") when I bought my Soul, but I pointed them at a photo I took of the Q3/19 sales guide (see here) and got it for the £239 it showed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wow brilliant, thank you, I’ll suggest he flags that with them. His trouble is the Leicester dealer is shut (who he ordered from and knows the staff from previous purchases) but it is the Loughborough branch that is open now and finalising the sale. I just spoke to him and he said they told him again it was £550 and this was due to the 3rd year service cost. The battery coolant is changed then and it’s a £300 odd service. They can do a 2 year service plan for £225 as those services are cheap still. Presumably every 3rd service will be a whopper based on this. The MG ZS EV has a very expensive service in the schedule, must be for the same reason.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
So I spoke to my dealer today and got the same offer as your dad, 240/540 2 years / 3 years.
ive held off taking that 3 year plan out for now. Should pick it up Friday.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,691 Posts
Phoned our dealer today and he thinks it will arrive with him in the next week. So hopefully not to long to wait now. Will try for the cheap 3 year service plan, worth a try.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Gavin, looks great!! Mine's a blue one too. The blue looks really strong in the sun (in a good way). Looks a bit tight backing out from that space ! :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
In the offing to get a Soul EV but am truly shocked about the service price! As others have been quoted, £239 for 2 annual services or £529 for 3 annual services. Essentially the same as Hyundai sister brand with their Kona.
This is more expensive than our previous (higher) end ICE hot hatches (Civic Type R and Audi S3!) And they have, you know..,things like oil, spark plugs, fan belts as well as coolant etc that need replacing every once in a while. Apparently it is for a coolant change and new battery at Year 3, but I gather it repeats every 3 years?
Myself and colleagues already own EVs and we are always laughing about how manufacturers are trying every little trick to get owners to pay more or pay quite a bit for not much at all with EVs. Having second thoughts now. I know EVs are cheaper to run on electricity vs petrol or diesel but the same or higher costs for "servicing" really gets a bit insulting.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The latest sales guide didn't have a price ("TBC") when I bought my Soul, but I pointed them at a photo I took of the Q3/19 sales guide (see here) and got it for the £239 it showed.
Biogoo, name a charity and a tenner will be paid to them, on account of I emailed your pic to my dealer and they agreed to honour the £239/3 year service cost !!
:D 🤞

1 - 20 of 42 Posts