Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Biogoo, name a charity and a tenner will be paid to them, on account of I emailed your pic to my dealer and they agreed to honour the £239/3 year service cost !!
Thanks for sharing that, I’ve just emailed mine to try the same thing 😁

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
10 miles on the clock.
GOM said range 222
Drove home (21 miles)
GOM read 223 miles range
As I have come from a Leaf 24 that could do about 60-70 miles (driving at decent speeds, and it’s hilly where I live) and had to be charged every night, I am now loving the fact that I can do a 30 mile journey and still have over 200 miles on the GOM 😁 obviously not driving much at all during lockdown, but the feeling of potential range is great!

·
Registered
161 Posts
OK good news with delivery mileage. Been told "my" Soul has 12 miles on the clock. Normally collect a new car with single digits on the odometer so wondered if this seemed a bit high.
Also after emailed details of first 3 services by dealer, as I was shocked by price of 3 year service pack for a pure EV, does anyone know what the prices will be for the next few services? I fear any owners will get price gouged after the 3 year mark. The first 2 "services" amount to almost nothing being checked- quite literally an inspection, but whether they would even do that for the £100-150 it is effectively costing would be anyones guess. Over the last 20 years my wife and I both keep our cars longer 6-9 years. Used to be 3-5 years. EVs I feel definitely easier to keep longer compared to an ICE car as so much less to go wrong (in theory anyway!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I shall report back on my collection next Friday.
Afraid it is another blue one....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine only had 5 miles on it.

In the first 24 hours of ownership I've
  1. Ordered a longer type 2 cable. The supplied one is 5m whereas my Zoe must have been 7m or 8m. It arrived this morning which is amazingly quick.
  2. Checked the tyre pressures, ride felt a bit firm but unfortunately the pressures were all good. Lay prostrate on the garage floor to recover one dust cap that fell through the wheel.
  3. Removed various stickers
    1. Dealer - rear window
    2. Kia 7 year warranty - rear window
    3. Smartrac - driver side rear quarter light
    4. Production sticker on antenna
  4. Tested out scheduled charging. No idea why I need to specify a departure time when all I want is to charge at off peak times
  5. Driven in the dark to prove the lights are brighter than the Zoe (my phone torch is brighter than the Zoe)
  6. Charged to 100% to prove my Chargemaster didn't throw an error (did when I had the Niro on 48 hour test)
  7. Got the Uvo app working. It's not bad really, better than the Zoe and equal to the Mercedes for which I had to pay subscription fees
  8. Looked in amazement at the plethora of bugs attached to the vertical front with only 50 miles driven

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looked in amazement at the plethora of bugs attached to the vertical front with only 50 miles driven
I know! Wondering how the paint will hold up with such a bluff front end. Stone chips galore. Never had the need to get paint protection film on a car but this may be the first one.:D

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Mine only had 5 miles on it.

In the first 24 hours of ownership I've
  1. Ordered a longer type 2 cable. The supplied one is 5m whereas my Zoe must have been 7m or 8m. It arrived this morning which is amazingly quick.
  2. Checked the tyre pressures, ride felt a bit firm but unfortunately the pressures were all good. Lay prostrate on the garage floor to recover one dust cap that fell through the wheel.
  3. Removed various stickers
    1. Dealer - rear window
    2. Kia 7 year warranty - rear window
    3. Smartrac - driver side rear quarter light
    4. Production sticker on antenna
  4. Tested out scheduled charging. No idea why I need to specify a departure time when all I want is to charge at off peak times
  5. Driven in the dark to prove the lights are brighter than the Zoe (my phone torch is brighter than the Zoe)
  6. Charged to 100% to prove my Chargemaster didn't throw an error (did when I had the Niro on 48 hour test)
  7. Got the Uvo app working. It's not bad really, better than the Zoe and equal to the Mercedes for which I had to pay subscription fees
  8. Looked in amazement at the plethora of bugs attached to the vertical front with only 50 miles driven
Whats the uvo app? Does it require a dongle? I'm off to look for a Kia app. ISTR there is one?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Thanks.
Initial impressions;
Why isn't there a picture of a Soul (or a Niro if thats your car)?
Says its unlocked even after locking
List of trips is good, pity there isn't an export function.

Will have a play tomorrow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If it is the same as Hyundai Bluelink, the screens are very similar you have to keep refreshing it. The success and failure messages can be accessed by tapping the bell icon top right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I know! Wondering how the paint will hold up with such a bluff front end. Stone chips galore. Never had the need to get paint protection film on a car but this may be the first one.:D
I’m going to get mine done. First new car I’ve had, might as well protect it 😬 refused dealer Lifeshine offer though and using a local detailer for a better job and product.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be interested to know how much the paint protection film costs you. Is it worth it in terms of it's likely impact on resale vale? Will the benefit of less stone chips be counter balanced by a negative appearance of the film?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Regards the app, having had a bit more of a play, not impressed with it from the POV of locking / unlocking.
Seems somewhat random and dependent upon whether or not it was locked from the key fob before.
The list of trips is a nice feature but then spoiled because they really missed a trick in not letting you export that.
Does anyone know how long it keeps them for?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I now have the service costs from years 4-7 and it works out at about £250/year every year averaged out. Pretty expensive for EV driving. Shame that it has annual/10k mile servicing also, instead of 2 yearly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picked mine up Friday. Another blue.
170 miles of motorway home and drove very well. 60 miles range remaining which was precisely what I was expecting. I didn't hang around.
The benefit of COVID was that I was given the keys in a plastic bag and didn't have to endure the usual upselling of gap insurance, paint protection etc.
However, Kia do offer five days free "collection" insurance which we utilised and will start the tedious online process with the meerkat and his competitors tomorrow.
First impressions pretty positive. Well put together and liked the tech I've used. It is certainly quick round town which is what I bought it for.
One other tip for anyone else collecting - my tyre pressures were still at transit levels (40). Should be 33.
Off tomorrow to detailler for GTechniq crystal serum treatment and back at the end of the week.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts