Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to show off some of my tweeks:--

Flower Vase: For the more refined.

Carryout hook: for the British.

IMG_0978.jpeg

Boot Lid Locator:

Tactile Locator; also on forward parking sensor and lane assist off buttons.

Front strut locator:

My pièce de résistance, a Frunk; £13. some rubber mounts and aluminium straps from my scrap box.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here's my tweak - bigger boot using a bit of hardboard and Trunk Liner part no G5122ADE10

So, part 2. I now have a piece of hardboard from Homebase, about 60cm by 120cm:

View attachment 122137

Made one cut in it about 90cm along (by scoring along a line repeatedly with a sharp knife, then snapping the board). Unscrew all the trays from the boot and then put the two pieces of board in:

View attachment 122138

The extra piece on the top right isn't really needed but it was left over after I'd cut the board so I thought I'd put it in anyway. It just fits to the right of the seat bracket that intrudes into the boot space between the two seats. As you can see these boards just fit roughly, I didn't bother cutting them to shape or anything. The important part is that you have a large-ish bit of board covering the uneven surface of the second-layer polystyrene tray.

Trunk Liner, part no G5122ADE10 then goes ontop of the board:

View attachment 122139

And thats it. It's firm enough, looks adequately OK (boots of cars rarely look lovely anyway) and adds a lot more space.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you explain how you are fixing the frunk box in place.
In exactly the way the original plastic inverter cover is fixed, four rubber snap on grommets. I think they came from a washing machine. I keep a lot of junk, sometimes comes in handy. No reason why you could not use the ones from the cover. Then a couple of 50mm wide straps of aluminium cunningly bent and bolted to a ‘Really Useful’ box.

what have you tweaked?
Removed the lid pull down handle moulding, sprayed white, reinserted moulding. I can now easily see it in the glooming. Similar to the bonnet support location

·
Registered
39 Posts

View attachment 128901

View attachment 128902

View attachment 128903
Boot Lid Locator:

View attachment 128905

View attachment 128906
Front strut locator:

View attachment 128907
My pièce de résistance, a Frunk; £13. some rubber mounts and aluminium straps from my scrap box.
As Boris would say Very Niceeeeeee!

·
Registered
90 Posts

View attachment 128901

View attachment 128902

View attachment 128903
Boot Lid Locator:

View attachment 128905

View attachment 128906
Front strut locator:

View attachment 128907
I particularly liked the tactile locators for those switches -- must copy that! Your frunk is also impressive -- I've been considering some sort of stowage for the charging cable up front for a while (why do reviewers never point out how daft it is to keep the cables under the floor at the back -- beneath all your baggage?).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep I've always thought it was stupid putting your charging cables under all your luggage, glad I'm not alone, I thought about a storage panel in the roof lining would have been an option, but your Frunk solution is ideal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts