Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

761 - 773 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dealer told me he now had 18 orders when I took a test drive a couple of weeks ago. However, when I originally put my deposit down (December) he thought he had 4 ahead of me, but only one turned into a firm order. It’s possible that a car dealer’s definition of “order” differs from mine...

·
Registered
99 Posts
My first post, here’s my history:

Placed deposit on 18th October
I’m #1 with dealer (TMS Hinckley)
Ordered blue, subsequently changed to graphite grey when “blue gate” happened last week
Been given VIN and registration number today
Booked installation with Pod Point (£300 vice £369 quoted on website due to deal with Kia. It was pure luck I found this!)
Delivery on 30th April. Could’ve been earlier but dealer on leave (and wants to be there for their first handover) then we’re on holiday and that’s the first date I can make after holiday.

I couldn’t be more excited!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first post, here’s my history:

Placed deposit on 18th October
I’m #1 with dealer (TMS Hinckley)
Ordered blue, subsequently changed to graphite grey when “blue gate” happened last week
Been given VIN and registration number today
Booked installation with Pod Point (£300 vice £369 quoted on website due to deal with Kia. It was pure luck I found this!)
Delivery on 30th April. Could’ve been earlier but dealer on leave (and wants to be there for their first handover) then we’re on holiday and that’s the first date I can make after holiday.

I couldn’t be more excited!
Oh!!! My #6 order position is also at TMS Hinckley, they have about 55 orders as at 2 weeks ago

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh!!! My #6 order position is also at TMS Hinckley, they have about 55 orders as at 2 weeks ago
Yep, spoke with Dan last week when sorting out “blue gate” and he mentioned they had quite a number of orders. He also mentioned £1k price increase for any order placed now.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thank you. We have a winner..!

Also good to hear that even for a #6 you should only have to wait till Q3..
After 1st deliveries they are coming in date order. As long as the car was ordered in January Kia are expecting that it should be delivered this year.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Just seen a blue e-Niro in the wild in Warwick, a demonstrator car all stickered up. I recognised it as it was black that flashed into dark blue as it went past, causing me to look and see it was an e-Niro!! So blue actually does look great in the flesh (IMHO).
I also liked it the most! Now thinking of dark or blue color, what do you think, guys? When I was buying my first car I had some doubts about shipping. I was suggested to use a1 Auto transport, however I've recently come across Ship Vehicles, which are considered pretty reliable. I was impressed that they give you at the very beginning free quote and you can connect them almost any time. I'm actually concerned about my things, especially when it comes to cars, so I don't want my things damaged or sth. Moreover, I was surprised that they transport not only cars, but also practically every vehicle. I chose closed method of transportation and I am satisfied with this shipping. The car remained in its initial state and the price for that was a bit lower than I expected. So, now I'll use it for the second time when I decide which color I'd like.

·
Banned
3 Posts
My dealer told me he now had 18 orders when I took a test drive a couple of weeks ago. However, when I originally put my deposit down (December) he thought he had 4 ahead of me, but only one turned into a firm order. It’s possible that a car dealer’s definition of “order” differs from mine...
[/QUOT
By the way, don't you know which shipping company is your dealer using?

761 - 773 of 773 Posts