Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

181 - 200 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Shame for those in Selkirk. Turns out I'm acquainted with someone from one of the showrooms, but not sure he was in Kia or another. This gives me no extra insight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered on 16th February 2019, Gravity Blue. North London dealer called today to confirm it would be ready on 4th February, First Edition. So I seemed to have jumped the queue. How is that possible? I was hoping for a 2020 model.
I also ordered on the 16th Feb from Newbury - sadly no call for a Feb pick for me though ☹

·
Registered
188 Posts
The more you look at the reports from people who have ordered cars, the more it looks like the system is also replicated here in Ireland, which "appears" to be that a dealership is allocated xx cars in a shipment, and the dealer is allocated against their list of confirmed orders.

On this basis, someone could order in June in a dealer getting lots of cars, and get it before someone who ordered in Feb or March in another dealership.

My dealership in Dublin was allocated 7 for Jan (FE) and another 10 for March / Apr (SE), whereas another lesser franchises dealer was only being allocated 3 in Jan and I think it was 5 or so for Mar / Apr

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine turned up at the Stealers yesterday. It's a Worst Edition unfortunately. Just been down to take look. I was going to reject it in favor of a 2020, but I'm not prepared to wait another 11 months. I've insisted on March delivery though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just started process of moving my First Edition order moved to another dealer. They are saying the price of the First Edition has increased to £34,495 (after PICG). Is that true?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just started process of moving my First Edition order moved to another dealer. They are saying the price of the First Edition has increased to £34,495 (after PICG). Is that true?
Obviously the simple economics of supply and demand has now kicked in. There will be lots of people who
a) Want a car now due to being able to make savings NOW
b) Won't care about the difference between Editions.

In Ireland we have a different factor - the SE hasn't been launched yet and you can be damn sure that there are many owners collecting cars since 01 Jan who know nothing about the existence of the SE

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I'm paying no more than the agreed price when I ordered back in Feb 19. I paid £3254 deposit (yeah, I know) and have £30k left to pay. I told them that if I was to pay the increased price, I want the newer spec.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
100 Posts
That's the advertised price of the second edition, I assume that that is a salesperson not being entirely aware of what they're talking about.

My understanding was that if you got a 1st Edition you paid the original 1st Edition price. If you got an MY20 (Second edition) model you paid the new price.
I could be wrong but it seems a bit strange otherwise!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I'm paying no more than the agreed price when I ordered back in Feb 19. I paid £3254 deposit (yeah, I know) and have £30k left to pay. I told them that if I was to pay the increased price, I want the newer spec.
I think you'll be offered a refund of your deposit if you're not prepared to pay the increased cost.

The other alternative is that they'll find you a FE

·
Registered
43 Posts
That should be the cost of the 2020 edition. That's the price on my order (before paint).

I take it Kia UK are involved in the process of changing dealer? I heard back from the administrators and they basically won't touch orders.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine turned up at the Stealers yesterday. It's a Worst Edition unfortunately. Just been down to take look. I was going to reject it in favor of a 2020, but I'm not prepared to wait another 11 months. I've insisted on March delivery though.
Just a quick thought that you've already probably got covered, but make sure they don't leave it on charge at 100% or dead flat for the next 7 weeks. Maybe some arrangement to top up to 60% every couple of weeks or something?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer phoned out of the blue this morning, after seven months of total silence and not returning my calls and informed me my gravity blue eniro ordered on 14/2/2019 is being unloaded today and should be ready for delivery on 27/1/2020.
It's a version one and price should be the last year contract price.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro
100 Posts
My dealer phoned out of the blue this morning, after seven months of total silence and not returning my calls and informed me my gravity blue eniro ordered on 14/2/2019 is being unloaded today and should be ready for delivery on 27/1/2020.
It's a version one and price should be the last year contract price.
Nice, I'd love to see pictures when you've collected it, I have gravity blue on order as well! (although I ordered Nov 19)

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I have Gravity Blue on Order but am starting to regret colour choice as the birds mess around here is not funny especially on cars in the summer, being such a dark colour it'll stain very quickly in the heat

181 - 200 of 680 Posts