Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

201 - 220 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just learned that Schroedinger’s (?) car was an e Niro. It was simultaneously both a First Edition and a MY20 while on the boat until it got to Immingham, then as soon as it was observed it became one or the other. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm getting very tempted to just start the order process again. The whole franchise/dealership model can make things really confusing if a business collapses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm getting very tempted to just start the order process again. The whole franchise/dealership model can make things really confusing if a business collapses.
Definitely. This is something that Tesla have very very right. Dealership model is awful and just leads to poor customer service, ridiculous added costs and confusion.

Looks like the other Edinburgh Kia dealer are going to be able to take my order over and it sounds like it'll end up being a second edition (though all of that's yet to be confirmed). Hopefully have more clarity next week and then time to contact bank and get back deposit from Leven.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's good news. Hopefully they'll do the same for me, but I've only been waiting a month, so don't have as much time to lose. Hopefully I'll be able to take delivery before September, so I can try driving to London instead of flying in October.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered a gravity blue MY20 at start of December - from the stricken Leven dealership in Edinburgh. I swung by the dealer earlier today. It's closed (and storing Lotuses!) but there was a rep from the administrator outside who was confident it would be open again in a week or so. Let's hope so!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Placed my order in late December 2019, in Sweden.
Dealer said MY20 production starts in April then the car spends some time on the sea and arrives in June 2020.
I ordered one with a sunroof btw, gravity blue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also ordered on the 16th Feb from Newbury - sadly no call for a Feb pick for me though ☹
Spoke to the dealer yesterday, my first Edition was unloaded on Friday (17th) and I am collecting next Friday (31st) - that’s just under a year 😀. Admittedly, would have been nice for them to call me rather than me have to chase!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered an e-Niro from Dicksons in Inverness. The e-Niro is the first electric vehicle which is affordable to us, with an adequate range.

We called in last Tuesday, hoping to maybe have a look at one and possibly book a test drive. The salesman, Innes, was superb; showing us round a Niro PHEV with the '4' trim level and then said "the e-Niro First Edition demonstrator is available, do you want a test drive?"

We were given the key to the e-Niro, to go on an unnacompanied test drive; with no real restrictions on how far we wanted to go, absolutely perfect. We had a drive up to Beauly, sharing the driving and both liked the car a lot.

On return to Dicksons, we signed up there and then. A brilliant car buying experience, if they're as good at after sales service, they'll have us as customers for life. Only 12 months to wait...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone received an MY20 yet, or know when they may begin to turn up?

I Orderd MY19 last February and in December was told I will be allocated MY20. This January was later told I will receive it very soon and it will be MY19. I notice that others who ordered last Feb are now being notified of delivery. I asked to be "upgraded" to MY20 but I don't know if I am now at the back of the queue or whether my waiting time will still be honored. Seems Kia are a complete mystery!

·
Registered
96 Posts
For the deliveries on-route, you'd expect the cars on the Morning Camilla and the Don Pasquale to have been manufactured mid December and whereas those on the Grand Uranus would more likely to have been built in this month. It could well be that MY20's are cars BUILT in 2020. Allowing for 3 weeks for cars to reach dealerships, depending on when you've been told your car will be arriving, you can begin to work out as to which ship will have MY20's (if any).The last Immingham arrival was last Thursday 16 Jan, so certainly it would seem that any dealership collections before about 01 Mar are likely to come from that, and they all look like FE's. That ship left Pyeongtaek at the beginning of December which meant that the cars onboard were built mid to late November

Vessel / VoyagePort of LoadingDeparture DatePort of DischargingArrival Date
MORNING CAMILLA V-107 PYEONGTAEK2020-01-04 IMMINGHAM, U.K.2020-02-08
DON PASQUALE V-110 PYEONGTAEK2020-01-07 IMMINGHAM, U.K.2020-02-20
GRAND URANUS V-045 PYEONGTAEK2020-01-20 IMMINGHAM, U.K.2020-03-07

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was just about to watch it after watching part 1 last week. All her talk last week was about the Kona this, the Kona that ......

Delighted she went with the Kia. For me, the Kona looks like a spaceship inside. I bought a car and I want it to look like a car

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think they are already in the UK :O

If im not mistaken thats the 10.25" screen
The horizontal vent underneath the screen which is visible later in the video also indicates it is the 2020 model and we can see it has just over 3000 miles on the clock. I guess the call went out that a good publicity opportunity was available and Kia UK made one of their 2020 pool cars available.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah it's turning into a great series, esp if it gets out into the wider community.

People are curious about electric cars, still waiting on mine, but have already had lots of questions and interest in them.

Maddie is a great communicator.

I also am thinking Kia ireland isn't saying anything about the new model until they get clear of the current stock of cars. The grant scheme seems to be holding things up.

201 - 220 of 362 Posts