Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

521 - 540 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well we're being stitched up in Ireland. I'm collecting mine in the morning. €2k increase and we get the larger screen :(
Do you not get the other two "big" features, i.e. UVO app compatibility and LED headlights? I feel like those 3 together kinda justify an extra £1.5k but only barely.

My salary sacrifice car has no build slot or estimated delivery date yet. Apparently it normally takes 5 working days (it's been 10) but there is supposedly a spike in demand due to tax changes, which makes sense. :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do you not get the other two "big" features, i.e. UVO app compatibility and LED headlights? I feel like those 3 together kinda justify an extra £1.5k but only barely.

My salary sacrifice car has no build slot or estimated delivery date yet. Apparently it normally takes 5 working days (it's been 10) but there is supposedly a spike in demand due to tax changes, which makes sense. :(
Just the screen and UVO (at some stage later). So we've got an MY19 with a widescreen

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just the screen and UVO (at some stage later). So we've got an MY19 with a widescreen
Ok, so things were not as bleak as I feared. Bizarrely, while we didn't get the LED Headlights, we got the new taillight cluster.

We also have the following
11kw charger
Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Blue stitching on the seats
Ambient lighting

The VIN does indeed include GUL and on the pouch which had the manual, there was a sticker with 20MY on it.

I have a decent number of public free 22kw charge points near me so I'm delighted to get the faster AC charging potential.

Lower two pins now metal

·
Registered
2 Posts
A few spots that are different to U.K spec.

• You‘ve got aluminium pedals!
  • The gloss black door inserts have the triangular pattern. Plain gloss black on mine.
  • I have white piping and stitching on the seats.
It feels like the factory was under huge demand to churn these things out that they just raided the parts bin willy billy.

Do you have a colour coded nose grille or the ‘I’ve yet to see’ Matt black version that is listed on the U.K website. 🤔

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you have a colour coded nose grille or the ‘I’ve yet to see’ Matt black version that is listed on the U.K website. 🤔
The Matt Black ones appear to be on all non-BEV's on the basis that aerodynamics aren't as big a deal, so I believe that the BEV's will always only have a gloss finish.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So Tusker have decided to cancel my (salary sacrifice) order because of the change in the government grant. They cite this small print:

This quotation is subject to current manufacturers' prices, interest rates, maintenance costs and residual values
remaining unchanged... Acceptance is subject to final approval which will be at our sole discretion.
So not only has the last 2 weeks been wasted in terms of getting a build slot, but I'm probably going to have to pay the new higher price (which has conveniently risen even more than the £500 chopped off the grant). Not impressed at all, especially given I've contacted them twice since the budget and there was no mention of any of this - they were just reassuring me everything was fine with the order! I've also had no emails from them, they literally just removed my order (and signed documents) from their website with no explanation whatsoever.

Given the inevitable even-longer-than-normal lead time due to COVID-19, I'm not even sure if it's worth it any more. Especially given the BIK rate for 2023-24 will probably jump up and I'll have to pay that for nearly a whole year with the delays. Sigh. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just out of interest, what is the current lead time from ordering to delivery in Ireland?
Was asking my dealer that when picking it up,

They have one more coming in next month, same as mine, and cant even order ones for after that.
Kia Irelands twitter had previously said june/July for the next batch.

If they had them available id say they would sell well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine is stuck at a locked down port. My dealer tried so hard to get it to me but the lock down came 2 days too soon. Will have to wait until this is all over and hope the dealership doesn’t go bust as we’ve paid all the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is stuck at a locked down port. My dealer tried so hard to get it to me but the lock down came 2 days too soon. Will have to wait until this is all over and hope the dealership doesn’t go bust as we’ve paid all the money.
Really tough luck. I see you ordered 27.4.2019, so had every reason for expecting it very soon. The same has happened to our. But, firstly, ours was ordered 21.6.2019 - so we weren't really expecting it yet anyway - and frankly our car is scarcely being used at the moment. And we have only paid a deposit. I'd like to say that I hope you don't have long to wait, but I don't really believe it. However, I am more confident that when it arrives it will be worth it. A sign of better things to come after this tragic pandemic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Incredible disparity between people's order dates and arrival dates. Of course, it would be really helpful if Kia came out with something like "all orders before xxx will arrive by yyy"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh wow, that's a nasty position to be in. I suspect that the position of lockdown at ports will get lifted, presumably in this case as the number of new cases appears to come under control, though goodness knows when that will be.

On the UK delivery lead time thing, I can't make much sense of it either. I asked my dealer a couple of weeks ago, and he said that current arrivals were about 10 months after ordering. Allowing for a couple more weeks delivery and prepping, that sounds like what people are reporting here pre-lockdown. But it doesn't explain some of the short delivery promises - are they perhaps cancellations being allocated?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update from Ontario Canada: My dealer called me yesterday to say that the car is now on the lot :) There is a CAD 660 price increase and he's refusing to keep the same discount I had negotiated back when I ordered.
Order date: 28 May 2019
Order: SX Touring in Gravity Blue
Getting the MY 2020 vehicle now. Apparently one of the first ones in Ontario :) Hopefully the negotiations go well and I can have some pictures by this weekend :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Slightly apprehensive posting this given the situation some of you now find yourself in re deliveries, but I managed to pick mine up just in time so here it is:

So far (having hardly driven it at all) I love it, the new screen is huge and responsive and everything else as expected. One thing to note when you're initially setting up your UVO app is to turn it on from the car screen first or you get a confusing message in the app saying it can't download the initialisation code to the car as "it's network is unstable". What it really means is you haven't turned it on yet.

I really hope those still waiting can get their arrangements sorted out soon as I was very nearly one of you.

Attachments

521 - 540 of 588 Posts