Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

561 - 580 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree the lack of a spare wheel is always a concern. However the apparent lack of jacking points is even more concerning to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone heard anything since dealers are starting to open now? Loads of rumours of 1000+ stock sitting in the docks with a few ships still to come.

Ordered Nov 19 and still have no idea of delivery.

Thanks, Gareth
April 19 ordered spoke to dealership who advised me the car was being delivered 15 may. Home delivery as show rooms are closed.That date is delivery to dealership so checks to be made .Will update when i receive it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Any idea how they plan to ensure it is virus-free? I'm 70 so need to be a bit careful.
One way to achieve this would be to get them to deliver to your home and then leave it for at least 3 days. I believe that the virus cannot last longer than that even on hard metal surfaces.

·
Registered
17 Posts
According to this research 20 minutes at 55ºC or 5 minutes at 65ºC will do a pretty good job (nearly completely) killing the virus. Longer is better and hotter is far better. I don't know what the summer sun and/or the Niro's heater on recirculate can achieve but perhaps worth a test by someone with a Niro and a garden thermometer who's not in the increased risk category? Sadly I remain Niroless or I'd give it a whirl!

·
Registered
741 Posts
According to this research 20 minutes at 55ºC or 5 minutes at 65ºC will do a pretty good job (nearly completely) killing the virus. Longer is better and hotter is far better. I don't know what the summer sun and/or the Niro's heater on recirculate can achieve but perhaps worth a test by someone with a Niro and a garden thermometer who's not in the increased risk category? Sadly I remain Niroless or I'd give it a whirl!
Actually, that, also, is not a bad idea. If the sun is out for any length of time the metal part of the car (the part that will have any virus lingering the longest) can get too hot to touch. It still leaves the interior, though, which is where (apart from door handles) any virus will most likely be left; but that could all be wiped down. The biggest problem, though, is finding a part of the country where it is going to be sunny enough to do the job - you might have to wait a lot longer than 3 days for that!

·
Registered
115 Posts
There may be a few cancellations, I still debating, I’m nearly 70 so classed as vulnerable.
I won’t be able to go anywhere, the lack of spare wheel is a concern, I want memory seats and would prefer the car in red. Had to order Silky Silver.
I cancelled both the e-Soul and the Niro. Went for a Kona instead. Local dealer found one, delivered it and did a contactless handover within a week. So I know there are two electric Kias that arrived in Immingham over a month ago looking for a new owner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered in September and I've been in advised my car will be ready for delivery mid-June.
So about 9 months from order then?

I have a near neighbour who ordered one about 10.5 months ago and took delivery yesterday. Though the lockdown needs to be factored into that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I ordered in June 2019 and have been told to expect delivery mid to late June 2020. Ideally I would have preferred September to coincide with the end of my Leaf PCP, but glad to know car will be available soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
April 19 ordered spoke to dealership who advised me the car was being delivered 15 may. Home delivery as show rooms are closed.That date is delivery to dealership so checks to be made .Will update when i receive it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Car delivered to dealer friday 22/05/2020 can collect 01/06/2020 reason for that date dealer cant register car before that date as advised by kia.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So about 9 months from order then?

I have a near neighbour who ordered one about 10.5 months ago and took delivery yesterday. Though the lockdown needs to be factored into that.
Yes, originally, before lockdown, I was told it would be May-June(ish) so not too bad considering. :) I'm currently in the the process of arranging a charger to be installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounding promising then. The reason I am interested is because I placed my order at the very end of September.

The only thing I still can't get my head around is the reports of delivery both earlier and later than this sort of timeframe. Perhaps it may be due to those deliveries being of unusual colour choices? It's about the only option there is in the UK.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think some people ordered a 1st edition, then changed to the MY20. That probably pushed them back a bit. Also, the lockdown has made timings screwy. Some others are getting theirs quicker through leasing companies, who probably either get some priority or ordered in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered first edition in June 2019 and had a expected delivery date of July 2020. A few months ago was advised my order would be the new MY20 model. Just got callled last week to say car will be delivered 01/06/2020 to dealer and I’ll pickup on the 06/06/2020. Was anyone able to get any extra throw in by the dealers for free?

561 - 580 of 588 Posts