Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

581 - 600 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Ordered first edition in June 2019 and had a expected delivery date of July 2020. A few months ago was advised my order would be the new MY20 model. Just got callled last week to say car will be delivered 01/06/2020 to dealer and I’ll pickup on the 06/06/2020. Was anyone able to get any extra throw in by the dealers for free?
Yes, I did - they gave me a Kia pen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered first edition in June 2019 and had a expected delivery date of July 2020. A few months ago was advised my order would be the new MY20 model. Just got callled last week to say car will be delivered 01/06/2020 to dealer and I’ll pickup on the 06/06/2020. Was anyone able to get any extra throw in by the dealers for free?
I got mats and the first 3 services free. I think the services were a mistake as that was a Kia offer on SVUs that explicitly excluded the eNiro but I did not complain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got mats and the first 3 services free. I think the services were a mistake as that was a Kia offer on SVUs that explicitly excluded the eNiro but I did not complain.
You were ripped-off mate! Tell 'em you want the pen! 😉🤣

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I was expecting a call today and just got the bad news. My car is 1 of 2500 sitting in the docks and it will take about 2-4 weeks to clear them all through my dealership. Was excited again now just feel like “will it ever get here”.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, I was expecting a call today and just got the bad news. My car is 1 of 2500 sitting in the docks and it will take about 2-4 weeks to clear them all through my dealership. Was excited again now just feel like “will it ever get here”.
Oh pooh.... I've not had the call yet, Caroline. I guess my car is there with it. :oops: Oh well, waited since September, another month probably won't make much difference. :cautious:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, things are certainly afoot. I got a call from my dealer today to advise that my car is now en route somewhere, and due to dock on or around the 17th. I asked what that implied in getting it to him, and he confirmed that the existing stock is moving, though uncertain when the backlog would be completely cleared. He suggested pencilling in the turn of the month for handover to me.

As we ordered on the turn of Sept/Oct 2019, than that would make delivery 9 months from order.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I place an order for an e-Niro today. Been told it is around 6 months/26 weeks. It will be sad to say goodbye to my 2019 LEAF, she's been a good car, but that was around 6 months before I got it. Kinda got used to waiting since switching to an EV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered 21.6.2019, Silky Silver.
Narrowly missed a delivery date in early April because of COVID-19.
Dealer 'caught' the OLEV grant at £3,500 by quick action.
Now due to collect 10.6.2020, i.e. eleven days short of a year. I was warned to expect 'a year, maybe more'.
There has been some question on another site whether the trickle-charge 'granny' cable is included, and my dealer assures me it is. They are also including foot mats, but their own.
This is a Solent dealership, and I have no complaints regarding their management - yet!
As someone who, up to now, has had little interest in cars, I have been most surprised to find that this wait has turned into a preoccupation and obsession. Daily checks on this site for news of imports etc. has helped. Thanks to all who have contributed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Last week I was told my e-Niro4 would be delayed until July or August. I've just had a call saying it will ready on or about 20th June! Little bit apprehensive as I've only just started getting home charging quotes and I wanted to negotiate either some discount (unlikely, I gather) or some extras thrown in.
Things like a boot liner, dashcam, floor mats come to mind. They have offered a deal on a 3 year service plan. Would appreciate any comments about what extras have been useful and whether or not you managed to negotiate a discount.

·
OtleyBrock
Vauxhall Ampera Electron 2014/64, since new
17 Posts
Decided to make the step from plug in (Ampera) to full electric recently and have ordered an e-Niro on a PCH plan. The company have told me that they ordered in February for possible July/August delivery. I signed on May 22nd but am waiting for an actual projection of delivery as their supplier only reopened on June 1st. I'm not holding my breath...
Update 8th June: advised expectation is August, but confirmation will be in due course

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered start of March, expected delivery end Sept. Though dealer has phoned saying would we take one earlier as they've had some people cancel, so guess this might change

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just struck a deal to buy a silky silver from our local main dealer, "due in next week", ordered by a customer who has changed their mind, level 4 trim, £33995, two year service plan, mats and paint protection coating thrown in. They are apparently expecting another couple of these in silver on a similar time scale. This is Hawkins Kia in St Stephen, Cornwall.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just struck a deal to buy a silky silver from our local main dealer, "due in next week", ordered by a customer who has changed their mind, level 4 trim, £33995, two year service plan, mats and paint protection coating thrown in. They are apparently expecting another couple of these in silver on a similar time scale. This is Hawkins Kia in St Stephen, Cornwall.
I have just spoken to them, the reason for the low price is that it has been pre-registered, so you will be the 2nd owner. Nevertheless, it is an excellent price, especially because of all the extra stuff being thrown in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my 2019 white EX Premium on May 28th from the dealer website and picked it up at the dealership in San Jose on May 30th. The dealers are having a sale on the 2019s to make way for the 2020s. All the EXs are gone and only the EX Premiums remain. I'm surprised that they're not as popular in the US as they are in Europe. Even the Kona are more popular (they are a bit less pricey) and sporty looking.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
That sounds a good deal. Buying a new one with any discount, even if a pre reg, sounds good to me.

Someone has just listed one on ebay with 1500 miles at £39950!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
We are getting ours apparently on 15th of June. We preordered ages ago. It was a bit out of the blue, because last time we chatted to them - they didn't even know what the leasing prices will be.

I do hope that it comes with matts and cables as standard. For £35k car - that should be quite normal.

581 - 600 of 677 Posts