Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

701 - 720 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
A dealer cannot just increase the price for a newer spec but give you the 4 spec if that's what I'm interpreting? Did you get any confirmation of order and original price? That's a contract which they must adhere to. Report it to Kia UK.
Thanks for your
A dealer cannot just increase the price for a newer spec but give you the 4 spec if that's what I'm interpreting? Did you get any confirmation of order and original price? That's a contract which they must adhere to. Report it to Kia UK.
Thanks for the advice. After query now will pay ‘4’ price for the car. Disappointing that I’ve waited so long for the car and to have to deal with this at the end though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered mid Nov 19
Now at the dealers being prepped, delivery 29th July
Salary sacrifice through Arval, paperwork nightmare at the end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another one here almost delivered. Ordered towards the end of October, hand over scheduled for July 28th. EXCITED :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered mid Nov 19
Now at the dealers being prepped, delivery 29th July
Salary sacrifice through Arval, paperwork nightmare at the end.
I also have one on order through Arval salary sacrifice. Order placed with dealer end of April, ETA end of September. Could I ask about the paperwork nightmare? What happend? I'd like to avoid that! :). Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Spur of the moment decision to buy an ev about 5 weeks ago. 1 week internet research. Spur of moment choice e Niro. Ring local dealer to enquire about availability, informed long wait. Decide to re-think. One week later get message an e Niro returned with 200 miles on clock. Black. £2k discount. 20 plate. Go to look. Picked it up 17 July. Both of us would much have wanted another colour, me white, him blue. But we aren't good at waiting so black it is. I did look at the Kona but the extra boot space and more classic styling of the Niro appealed to me more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered November 9th - taking delivery tomorrow 24 July -silver colour:) Dealer giving no discounts on anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have one on order through Arval salary sacrifice. Order placed with dealer end of April, ETA end of September. Could I ask about the paperwork nightmare? What happend? I'd like to avoid that! :). Thanks
Hi, long story, not sure if what I have been told is real, but in summary:

1. Arval were not really interested getting the issue sorted quickly, according to their system the car was due to be delivered Jan 21!
2. They didn't understand the initial order was for a delivery slot only,
3. When they twigged the above two they provided me a quote for a 4. I accepted it but it was generated wrong.
4. Got the grant wrong and also didn't read the dealer quote
5. Once solved, Arval couldn't then place an order with the dealer as their system showed you couldn't buy the 4 any more, instead the 4+.
6. Arval had to do all sorts of back office adjustments, with staff on Furlough and the dealer also struggling due to Furlough. Some of the adjustments had to be done out of hours otherwise someone could log on the Arval main website and buy a 4 when they weren't available.

In the end called everyday for two weeks, they eventually got fed up of me and is was dealt with, have now done the delivery paperwork but its not over. Car is due to be delivered Wed, let's see if it does.

Best of luck. Gareth

·
Registered
217 Posts
I ordered my from the dealer at the end of December 2019. Collected last Friday 24th July, so 7 months in the waiting... model is my2020 "4"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went to the local dealer last Saturday (25 Jul) to look at the PHEV as we needed to hand back our Outlander at the end of Aug. Had seen the E-Niro in my research but knew of the wait time, asked on the off chance and he said there were MY20 4s available. Ordered on 25 Jul, collecting in mid-August!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, long story, not sure if what I have been told is real, but in summary:

1. Arval were not really interested getting the issue sorted quickly, according to their system the car was due to be delivered Jan 21!
2. They didn't understand the initial order was for a delivery slot only,
3. When they twigged the above two they provided me a quote for a 4. I accepted it but it was generated wrong.
4. Got the grant wrong and also didn't read the dealer quote
5. Once solved, Arval couldn't then place an order with the dealer as their system showed you couldn't buy the 4 any more, instead the 4+.
6. Arval had to do all sorts of back office adjustments, with staff on Furlough and the dealer also struggling due to Furlough. Some of the adjustments had to be done out of hours otherwise someone could log on the Arval main website and buy a 4 when they weren't available.

In the end called everyday for two weeks, they eventually got fed up of me and is was dealt with, have now done the delivery paperwork but its not over. Car is due to be delivered Wed, let's see if it does.

Best of luck. Gareth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Went to the local dealer last Saturday (25 Jul) to look at the PHEV as we needed to hand back our Outlander at the end of Aug. Had seen the E-Niro in my research but knew of the wait time, asked on the off chance and he said there were MY20 4s available. Ordered on 25 Jul, collecting in mid-August!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well done Parjim. Which colour? I absolutely love ours. And we are having encounters with other EV owners on the road. Part of a secret society. Very enjoyable. The e-Niro is a seriously delightful car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well done Parjim. Which colour? I absolutely love ours. And we are having encounters with other EV owners on the road. Part of a secret society. Very enjoyable. The e-Niro is a seriously delightful car.
Midnight Black.

Wife had been thinking PHEV only, but the WLTP range and practicality caught our interest. We were shown a 4 that had been on order for someone else and we’re given a 29 August order date which has now been amended to mid-August. All we need to do now is get a type 1 to type 2 adapter for our tethered home charger.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You'll be very pleased with the car I think. Did you have the charger in place for a previous PHEV?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You'll be very pleased with the car I think. Did you have the charger in place for a previous PHEV?
Our current car is a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Most of the driving has been on the small battery range, only having to fill with petrol once a month or so. It came with an offer for a free Chargemaster home charger but unfortunately it is a tethered type 1. As we already have a charger we are not entitled to a second OLEV grant. We have been quoted £590 plus VAT for removal and installation of a new EO type 2, but we might try an adapter cable to start with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Emailed my dealer this morning expecting the usual - "no idea but sometime late September maybe" and got a date!

We'll be able to pick it up a couple of days after the 12th of August. Ordered it at the end of February this year so, not the long wait some people have had, but also not the lucky short wait some people have had. Looking forward to actually getting it regardless. Plus I'm then on holiday for two weeks so a nice time trying it out. and for my wife (who's never driven an automatic of any kind) to get used to it. Waiting to hear back about a charger in my garage now.

701 - 720 of 743 Posts