Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

721 - 740 of 753 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Our current car is a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. Most of the driving has been on the small battery range, only having to fill with petrol once a month or so. It came with an offer for a free Chargemaster home charger but unfortunately it is a tethered type 1. As we already have a charger we are not entitled to a second OLEV grant. We have been quoted £590 plus VAT for removal and installation of a new EO type 2, but we might try an adapter cable to start with.
Very timely getting rid of aitsubishi after yesterday's news.

As for you tethered cable, just get a second type 2 cable, chop off the un-needed end and wire it directly into the charger in place of the tethered type 1 cable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, First time poster here.

I've placed an order for a 4+ with my company car scheme provider. Although I only signed my order off mid July I'm told that they secured a large allocation of the new MY prior to general release and so I should expect my delivery well ahead of the retail dealers expectations of 6 to 9 months. I'm told my car is now in production so it may be on one of the ships at the end of August or during September.

Came as a bit of a surprise so I'm not holding out for anything too soon but just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything similar ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very timely getting rid of aitsubishi after yesterday's news.

As for you tethered cable, just get a second type 2 cable, chop off the un-needed end and wire it directly into the charger in place of the tethered type 1 cable.
You can also just get a type 1 to type 2 adaptor if you don’t want to chop the end off. My sisters Podpoint is type 1 for their outlander so that’s what we’ll do to use theirs. It’s another thing to have, but depending how quick you want a sparky to come and swap the lead off or if you feel confident doing it yourself, it’s a possible solution in the short term.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All, First time poster here.

I've placed an order for a 4+ with my company car scheme provider. Although I only signed my order off mid July I'm told that they secured a large allocation of the new MY prior to general release and so I should expect my delivery well ahead of the retail dealers expectations of 6 to 9 months. I'm told my car is now in production so it may be on one of the ships at the end of August or during September.

Came as a bit of a surprise so I'm not holding out for anything too soon but just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything similar ?
Which company does your company use for its car scheme?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd be supprised if they it's ready then, as production for the 4+ isn't due to start till October.
It's very possible, since the options being added into the 4+ have always been available in other countries on their MY20's. The Yacht Blue has been available in Germany on their MY20. It's only that Kia UK decided to revise their Fixed Templates for orders, to now allow people to order these options, in exactly the same way that the smaller battery has always been available to most other countries from the very start.

I certainly don't know why they limit the available selectable colours - that makes no sense

·
Registered
12 Posts
Went to the local dealer last Saturday (25 Jul) to look at the PHEV as we needed to hand back our Outlander at the end of Aug. Had seen the E-Niro in my research but knew of the wait time, asked on the off chance and he said there were MY20 4s available. Ordered on 25 Jul, collecting in mid-August!!!
Spoke to the dealer on another matter over the weekend and he confirmed that it was showing as at "first place of rest" in the UK (sounds like its gone to a care home!). Could have it this week, if not then definitely by Fri 14 Aug - V excited now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be supprised if they it's ready then, as production for the 4+ isn't due to start till October.
That's what I thought too, who knows eh!

Which company does your company use for its car scheme?
Zenith

It's very possible, since the options being added into the 4+ have always been available in other countries on their MY20's. The Yacht Blue has been available in Germany on their MY20. It's only that Kia UK decided to revise their Fixed Templates for orders, to now allow people to order these options, in exactly the same way that the smaller battery has always been available to most other countries from the very start.

I certainly don't know why they limit the available selectable colours - that makes no sense
I guess that does make sense. I guess it would be a bit puzzling to see 4+ models being delivered before outstanding orders for the 4 though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Parjim,
I've just changed from a Mitsubishi PHEV to a Soul EV. On the charger, you just need to change the cable, not the whole thing. I bought a 20m type 2 for £120 online (EVbitz?) and my local electrician swapped them over. I stuck with the 3.6 charger rather than going for 7.2 - 20 hours to 100% is fine for me given it is rarely close to zero.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been reading today that Kia have increased numbers for the UK and say orders placed now will be delivered in September.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been reading today that Kia have increased numbers for the UK and say orders placed now will be delivered in September.

Seen the article myself. When you read the official Kia release it says MY20 models ordered will be delivered by September. What I'm confused about is from June you could only order MY21 Spec models in 2,3 or 4+ 🤔

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know I thought the same at first that it was MY20 models but like you say adding that if you buy a new e niro now it will be delivered by September does make you wonder.

Edit.. Just read actual press release and does say if you order MY20 eniro it will be delivered before September

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know I thought the same at first that it was MY20 models but like you say adding that if you buy a new e niro now it will be delivered by September does make you wonder.

Edit.. Just read actual press release and does say if you order MY20 eniro it will be delivered before September
I'm guessing if you try and buy a MY21 from a dealer they may try and push you to a MY20 with the appeal of almost instant delivery...they benefit aswell from instant sale.

I just hope they're not pushing the MY20 to move people away from the MY21 due to stock issue like they had with the FE/4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apparently Kia made a 'handful' more stock of MY2020 available so this is why they are being pushed through in the usual 2/3 month timeframe that all factory Kias have. This news has nothing to do with the MY2021 orders which still have the 6/7 month timeframe.

721 - 740 of 753 Posts