Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Oh and I have to say three Hail Mary's as I parted company with the i3 today so am back on fossil until the Niro arrives. Why do I feel as though I might regret that rash move?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Morning Lisa is due in Tilbury tomorrow and Morning Courier is heading for Le Harve currently. No idea of their itinerary or cargo though. The interesting thing that changed with my car was that the VIN was added a month before the car was anywhere near the UK it appears. Unless of course they are busy taking it apart to replace the motor and gearbox before delivering it. :rolleyes:
While the Morning Courier is currently passing the northerm Spanish coast, the Morning Concert is about to dock in Le Harve

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Looking at Eukor website, there’s nothing scheduled for Immingham until December. That’s not “the end of this month” I was again told. Yet another missed deadline I fear.

I’ve had to learn how to drive a stick shift again 🙄

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well 2 ships in 3 days in Jan should make up for some lost ground ;). Also gives further credibility to the EU Emmissions story, since you're still Europeans :p

I'd been on their website but never noticed the search link. Maybe someone should tell Kia UK and Ireland about it !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well 2 ships in 3 days in Jan should make up for some lost ground ;). Also gives further credibility to the EU Emmissions story, since you're still Europeans :p

I'd been on their website but never noticed the search link. Maybe someone should tell Kia UK and Ireland about it !!!
What source port are you using? Pyeongtaek?

Only the Morning Celine scheduled for Dublin so far, its coming in before docking at the UK (suppose no cars to pickup here!), where there is the car plants in the UK

·
Registered
28 Posts
What source port are you using? Pyeongtaek?

Only the Morning Celine scheduled for Dublin so far, its coming in before docking at the UK (suppose no cars to pickup here!), where there is the car plants in the UK
Yep, I used Pyeongtaek. If you use destination of Bremerhaven, you'll see that they have ship schedules in advance too, so it looks like there won't be another into Dublin until late Jan at the earliest.

I spoke to my dealer today who said that he hopes to have news next week regarding my hopeful March / April delivery.

I'm more expecting a final confirmation of the SE to be honest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update from my dealer here in Ontario 🇨🇦: Kia Canada has informed us that majority of customers who placed an order for a 2019 Niro EV will not be getting a 2019 model. They will be offered the 2020 Model year equivalent, which does come with price increase.
The dealer does not have any information on the said price increase, or delivery dates for the 2020 Model Year cars. I'm personally expecting the car around March-April 2020. I don't know about others but after having to wait more than 9 months (especially when I was not told that there would be such a big delay - in contrast, the Hyundai dealer that I spoke to about the Kona said I should expect the car only after Jan 2020, and this was back in June 2019), I won't be 100% willing to pay for the price increase.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The news is

They gave me mats (y)
I plugged it in at home and it's happily charging at 7.3kw (y)
It's driving exactly as I want it to (y)
The LKA etc is easy to live with (y)
Bluetoothed my phone and everything worked including the hotspot data for traffic etc (y)
Seat is really good for my back so far (y)
It's doing good economy even under my normal driving style (y)
I can live with the VESS and even the Radio 1 jingle (y)
Auto Regen is fine (y)
Why doesn't the bleeding "Auto Hold" stay on? (n)
Why do manufacturers stick things on the bleeding windows (n)

Still to come

Need to figure out how/if you can select specific music from a USB stick?
Need to drive at night
Need to figure out CarPlay
Need to play with off peak charging etc

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It has been a very long wait but drive it for a week and then tell me that it wasn't worth it! - Enjoy.
I'm pretty hopeful it was a good decision already. I've slotted straight into it which is usually my test of the right car. My only nervousness is the thread on clicking, speaking, grinding, whining and every other noise my ageing body makes these days. 🤞🤞🤞

Half an hour of elbow grease and some of SWMBO's best nail varnish remover has seen the back of everything stuck to the windows.

Now to read the tome that is the Multimedia Manual :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm pretty hopeful it was a good decision already. I've slotted straight into it which is usually my test of the right car. My only nervousness is the thread on clicking, speaking, grinding, whining and every other noise my ageing body makes these days. 🤞🤞🤞

Half an hour of elbow grease and some of SWMBO's best nail varnish remover has seen the back of everything stuck to the windows.

Now to read the tome that is the Multimedia Manual :rolleyes:
Congratulations :) Looks great!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting since there don't appear to be any Vehicle Carrier ships in Immingham right now or in the very recent past. So every chance it's further along the process than you may be led to believe.
I have been given a delivery date to my dealer of 3rd December, and I will be getting my hands on it on Friday 6th. That will make it 10 months and 11 days since placing my order. Is there anybody still waiting for longer than that?

·
Registered
648 Posts
It was nice and sparkly in the sun today. I usually manage to wash it religiously for 6 months then the gloss wears off :ROFLMAO:
Haha. One of the benefits of EU membership is that I can get someone else to wash it religiously (maybe not for longer rhan 6 months, though:ROFLMAO:)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Need to figure out how/if you can select specific music from a USB stick?
Need to drive at night
Need to figure out CarPlay
Need to play with off peak charging etc
So, lights are pretty bog standard as I expected from others comments. C’est la vie!

Off peak charging worked exactly as expected as did departure setting. Very similar to BMW.

Found the USB search facility. It’s under the Media Sub Menu when playing the stick. If it’s a large capacity, it takes the system a bit of time to index the files before the album / artist options stop being greyed out.

Anyone else find that the auto lights are way over sensitive? Mine seem to be on most of the time. Is there an adjustment anywhere?

61 - 80 of 123 Posts