Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Best and most cost effective accessory purchased for my new E-Niro. £2 for the keys to go in overnight just in case anyone comes trying to steal my car using a relay attack. No idea whether it's possible with the E-Niro but it ain't with mine any longer ;)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Works perfectly, took it out to car, stood with it next to the door handle, press handle and not a peep out of the car (y)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Article in autocar today suggests Kia is ramping up production to clear waitlist of 3000 by mid 2020 and start orders again by July 2020. They clarified spec and also pricing. Also mentions the Soul EV. You might believe that the stories about the EU emissions change deadline were true and that this move was held back until last moment.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
UK Kia dealer eNiro update:

I just wanted to keep you up to speed with regards to your eNiro order.
I have recently received several notifications from Kia advising me of the following:-
All vehicles Ordered between February - June 2019 have an ESTIMATED delivery date between March - June 2020.
All of the original 'First Edition' eNiro models have now been allocated to customers who ordered back in January/February 2019. As a result of this, all outstanding customer orders will be supplied with the improved '4' model eNiro starting from 2020.
The '4' model eNiro comes with the following improvements over and above the original 'First Edition' design:-
  • New 10.25" Touchscreen navigation system including New Kia UVO telematics system
  • New and improved dashboard design and drivers supervision cluster
  • New Led Headlights with Bi-function projection
  • New electric tilt and slide one touch sunroof
  • Ventilated front seats (as well as heated front and rear)
  • Blind spot detection combined with rear cross traffic alert
  • Intelligent speed limit warning
  • Driver power memory adjustable seat
  • Aluminium pedals
  • LED interior and boot lights
If you wish to look further into the benefits of these new and improved features, you will find a full explanation of most of these on the Kia website.
Due to the significant improvements on the Kia eNiro '4' spec model, their has been a price increase as you would expect. The new ESTIMATED price for the eNiro '4' is now £38,195 On The Road (£34,695 after the governments plug in car grant). This does not include the cost of metallic paint which is currently @ £585 but is also subject to change.
Overall, this is all very positive with the enhancements they have made and the potential for you to have you new vehicle by the spring of next year.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above or indeed anything else, don't hesitate to contact me... I am always happy to help.
Kind regards,
Just been in to see dealer with a copy of updates you posted & he informed me that there will be no sunroof on uk models.any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just been in to see dealer with a copy of updates you posted & he informed me that there will be no sunroof on uk models.any thoughts on this?
Honestly, perfectly happy. I personally don't like them. As in the summer I would have the screen over it to keep the sun out, and no point opening it as it let's in noise and lets out all my nice air-conditioned air.

In the winter, it's another place for rain to get in.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kia uk is still useless and do not order more colours or better spec as Europe gets!
Totally agree here is his email.

I have spoken with colleagues in Product about this.

The e-Niro 4 is not exactly the same spec as Niro 4 and I am afraid next year's supply will NOT have memory seats. There are two reasons for this - the memory seats are not available to us as a "factory-fit" package on e-Niro. We could fit memory seats as a separate production element but it would be expensive. As we have chosen to include various new tech and features such as the 10.25 inch screen, battery warmer, LED headlights and so on we felt to have to charge a considerably more expensive option would have taken the price of the car beyond what was acceptable at this point.

Should memory seats become available as part of an factory-fit package we will consider adding them in due course - but we will have to balance against list price.

There is an additional factor we also took into account. The market-makers who set residual values do not take much notice of memory seats when setting residuals, so if we were to fit them there would be no benefit in terms of residuals thus making value fall over three years steeper.

However, please do be assured that I have communicated your interest to our Product teams and they will bear this in mind for future specification developments.

I realise this is probably not the answer you would have wished for, but we took the view that keeping any price increase for the new model to a reasonable level was more important for customers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are there memory seats in the First Edition ?

It appears to me that you're getting fook all really for a large price increase. I'm sure there's little difference between the 7" or 8" head unit and the 10.25" unit. You can retrofit LED bulbs. So what is the cost really being applied to ? Dare I ask, is it really worth it ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I highly doubt it will have the cameras which read road signs then which I was also looking forward to.

I get what he's saying but this car shouldn't have been advertised as '4' spec.

The best bit about memory seats was that it dropped the mirrors when reversing. Shame really

81 - 100 of 123 Posts