Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1121 - 1140 of 1140 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
As of today here’s the latest shipping details for May from Pyeongtaek.

Immingham
Morning Pilot due to dock 24/05/21 - Currently heading up towards the Suez Canal

Southampton
Asian Majesty due to dock 09/05/21 - Currently moored in Antwerp
Onyx Arrow due to dock 13/05/21 - En Route to Bremerhaven from Sweden
Morning Lady due to dock 21/05/21 - Currently off the coast of Spain heading for a stop in Portugal.

Really impressed with mine so far & even with the delays was well worth the wait😎👍

·
Registered
27 Posts
How did you get that info @Leviathan?
Crap, I hope the Morning Pilot isn't the one my 4+ is on, in which case it's even further delayed, which is going to cause me a real issue!

Edit: Found it Eukor Schedule Search. Going to bother the Drive Electric to try and find out what boat it's on from the dealer, at least I can then keep an eye.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Different car manufacturers use different ports, depending on where their operations are located. Kia have a massive importation center about a mile away from the Immingham docks, so a Kia will never arrive into any other port into the UK.

However, the car carrier vessels will carry all sorts of makes of cars - and will never travel empty. So a ship can make several stops on it's way to Immingham and when stopping in ports in France or Spain, could well pickup Renault's or Seat's, and drop them off in Scandinavia or then stop in Bremerhaven and bring BMW's back to Asia, after dropping Kia's or whatever there.

I think Hyundai use Tilbury.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My car was delivered to the dealer today. We arranged to hand over on Sat.

Got a message from the dealer, there is a problem with the car. Will be put on hold until the issue is sorted. Asked what the problem was. Its nothing to do with the car but the gov grant. It will take a week to find out more info.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update from Kia Essex. The application for the grant was put on the gov system just before they pulled the funding. Now have to wait until the gov start processing the application. Which they will start on Monday. Also they might not accept it. Will find out some time next week or not. If they don't accept it, I will need to spend the extra to get the car.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
870 Posts
Update from Kia Essex. The application for the grant was put on the gov system just before they pulled the funding. Now have to wait until the gov start processing the application. Which they will start on Monday. Also they might not accept it. Will find out some time next week or not. If they don't accept it, I will need to spend the extra to get the car.
Wow, that’s a big bummer (or could be!). I sure hope it gets accepted. How long before the grant change day was it actually applied for? Also did the dealer make the grant application in a timely manner after you ordered the car? Good luck!! Peter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, that’s a big bummer (or could be!). I sure hope it gets accepted. How long before the grant change day was it actually applied for? Also did the dealer make the grant application in a timely manner after you ordered the car? Good luck!! Peter
Ordered before the change. Beginning of March. They apparently applied just before. But the system went down.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Update on mine, they're insistent that a boat is arriving on the 17th, and it's one that's been delayed by the Suez stuff (it left Korea on 31/03). Maybe Eukor doesn't have all the answers?
Glovis ships are also used by Kia. Look at the ships which berth at the pier in Pyongtaek

·
Registered
313 Posts
It should be a black or white issue. It was either logged by the deadline or it wasn't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am due to take delivery of my Black 4+ on Tuesday 18th May. This means from the point of order through to delivery will be almost exactly 3 months. The communication has been poor, but ultimately I'm very happy with a 3 month lead time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car was delivered to the dealer today. We arranged to hand over on Sat.

Got a message from the dealer, there is a problem with the car. Will be put on hold until the issue is sorted. Asked what the problem was. Its nothing to do with the car but the gov grant. It will take a week to find out more info.

Has anyone had a problem like this?
This happened to me. The dealer hadn't put the application in before the deadline so no grant for me. I decided to accept a higher monthly charge, mainly because I'm currently without a car and I didn't want delays to ruin our summer plans. Hope you get a better outcome than I did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This happened to me. The dealer hadn't put the application in before the deadline so no grant for me. I decided to accept a higher monthly charge, mainly because I'm currently without a car and I didn't want delays to ruin our summer plans. Hope you get a better outcome than I did.
Did they not offer anything? It was their mistake. I am thinking they should discount the car by that amount. I have a complaint with Allen Ford as they should of know this way before we got to this point. Sounds like my application is with the gov. Have to hear if they will take it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered 8th March. Gov changed the grant 18th March. 8 workings days in between.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did they not offer anything? It was their mistake. I am thinking they should discount the car by that amount. I have a complaint with Allen Ford as they should of know this way before we got to this point. Sounds like my application is with the gov. Have to hear if they will take it.
No, it's a company car scheme, and I don't have access to the dealer. The only options the leasing broker could offer was to accept the charges or cancel the order. It was made slightly easier to swallow as I'll still be a little better off than when I was running my ICE car. I'd be surprised if the dealer would discount to the level of the grant for an in demand car which they could shift to another customer if you were to cancel. That said, I hope they do for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered this week. Delivery estimate 2-3 weeks ... it seems that 3s and 4s, in most colours, are now in plentiful supply (or will be when the next boats come in!). 2's - not so much.

It seems that Kia are now looking at a potential oversupply of 3s and 4s, especially after the last grant change, and they are now offering a £1k Deposit Contribution on PCP purchases. That's in addition to dealer discounts which are also now available - just use the internet or haggle!

1121 - 1140 of 1140 Posts