Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes for Canada and North America still not convinced that this was not already included in first uk,as this was not really required in uk market as do not see such low temperature here!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes for Canada and North America still not convinced that this was not already included in first uk,as this was not really required in uk market as do not see such low temperature here!
I know this is a North American article, but it explains how the thermal management system and battery heating are separate features.

Battery heating wasn't included in the UK First Edition - Kia UK has announced it as a new addition for the MY20 car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Kia website has now been updated.
Only additional thing it seems to mention that I don't think was in the press release is High Beam Assist, although strangely it's not actually in the spec list...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Kia website has now been updated.
Only additional thing it seems to mention that I don't think was in the press release is High Beam Assist, although strangely it's not actually in the spec list...
It does, it's under" Automatic Headlight Control"

·
Registered
22 Posts
o my mind that would simply be auto headlight on/off, not necessarily High Beam Assist.he Soul EV has a separate entry in the spec sheet for High Beam Assist.
Oh.. does it have the auto headlight as well?

What is high beam assist I thought it was just a fancy way of saying you don't have to remember to dip and have the other half saying you forgot to dip/other people flashing you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is high beam assist I thought it was just a fancy way of saying you don't have to remember to dip and have the other half saying you forgot to dip/other people flashing you.
HBA is indeed that, it turns on high beam when it's suitably dark and no other vehicles.
Whereas auto headlight is generally automatic low beam when it's dark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
HBA is indeed that, it turns on high beam when it's suitably dark and no other vehicles.
Whereas auto headlight is generally automatic low beam when it's dark.
Ahh I have that on my kx2 sportage :D

Id say its a typo on the spec sheet, as it says it has it on the main page, first edition has it too?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just ordered mine today, expected delivery Sept 2020, very excited but will just have to be patient

Are people that have received theirs generally quite happy?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered on 25th January (pearl white).
My dealer told me yesterday that he had just received an update from Kia. The car should arrive by the end of September.
I should get a further update in late August with a firm delivery date. When I do I shall post the details.
Delivered on 3rd December. That's a total wait time of 10 months and 11 days.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Just ordered mine today, expected delivery Sept 2020, very excited but will just have to be patient

Are people that have received theirs generally quite happy?
Yep, really enjoying my car. Always on the lookout for strange noises though following the various threads on here.

Gripes if there are any so far and these are minor things really
  • The rear end seems to attract rain and road dirt like there's no tomorrow including the rear view camera lens
  • The HU won't play my music on a USB in the right order
  • The Auto Hold ought to just stay on but doesn't
  • The cruise seems to be a bit fidgety with slight adjustments to power noticeable in the car even when it's not following another vehicle
  • Geo settings for charging are not reliable. If I am on another charger 12 miles from home, I expect the car to know that. It seems to not know for some unknown reason forcing you to override Reserve Charging using the button on the dash.
  • Quite a few occasions, the HU has reported that live parking / POI data is delayed and to check my connection (when my connection is fine). Not sure if this is more a server side issue that like so many companies these days, they blame on the user's equipment to deflect the problem :rolleyes: Interested if anyone else has seen this issue?
  • And this has been a bugbear coming from the i3, I could just get out of the i3 and lock it and the car would deal with making sure it was in a suitable state to be left. The Niro doesn't, if you don't press the off switch button, it refuses to lock up. I'm old and don't learn new tricks quickly!

121 - 133 of 133 Posts