Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 160 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would say that the UK deliveries are for the UK market only. My dealership told me that Kia Ireland have nothing to do with the UK and that Ireland deals directly with Frankfurt and Korea.

This would also be confirmed by the waiting time for Ireland being totally different to waiting times for UK deliveries.

So will we get the German spec model in Ireland I wonder ...... Their website is updated. I like the Yacht Blue colour
Ive seen that colour on a sportage, its lovely.

Gravity blue ive seen on a sorento, its nearly black on a grey November day!, Midsummer it might be a bit brighter.

Going on the rumours, the ireland spec seems to be a mixture of the vision and spirit lines. Is the price in germany excluding any grants? so 45k minus the 5k SEAI grant is close to the mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive seen that colour on a sportage, its lovely.

Gravity blue ive seen on a sorento, its nearly black on a grey November day!, Midsummer it might be a bit brighter.

Going on the rumours, the ireland spec seems to be a mixture of the vision and spirit lines. Is the price in germany excluding any grants? so 45k minus the 5k SEAI grant is close to the mark
I would think German price is before grants. But irish price would be 45k after grants.Th prices for evs in Ireland are
always different to other markets. Our taxes are much higher.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would think German price is before grants. But irish price would be 45k after grants.Th prices for evs in Ireland are
always different to other markets. Our taxes are much higher.
The Irish "second edition" is around 40-41k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered our Graphite eNiro early Feb 18, still waiting and dealer keeps pushing us back, party line is they will give us 4 weeks notice - still telling us we’re getting a First Edition but beginning to lose hope and expecting to have to pay more for a 2020 model.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did I not read somewhere that allocations are done against Vin numbers, which is just after production, and just before shipping. Someone mentioned that allocations are listed on maybe the Kia UK website but that some dealers are either clueless or couldn't be bothered looking it up

·
Registered
156 Posts
Went in today to check and all I got was one word answers in other words what a waste of time my dealership is the worst I've come across, if your spending over 30k for a car you'd expect something rather than just nothing at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered the e Niro (4) as my first ev yesterday. I realise there’s a large wait, but that works for me to wait a while. Dealer was estimating 9months. Does that sound about right? Said he wouldn’t have any updates for 3 months in any case.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It certainly seems that orders placed in pre-April 2019 have been felt with in a very haphazard way. Maybe there are premium dealers who got preferential treatment over franchises.

Once whatever comes on the three ships over the next month is distributed, maybe things will be clearer

·
Registered
31 Posts
Went in today to check and all I got was one word answers in other words what a waste of time my dealership is the worst I've come across, if your spending over 30k for a car you'd expect something rather than just nothing at all.
I ordered on 16th February 2019. No indication yet. I wish I could deal direct with Kia.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered in mid May 2019 from Brayley in Harpenden. They have never pro-actively contacted me. I have chased the salesman a number of times but he knows nothing. When I contacted him by email a few weeks ago asking about First Edition versus 2020 model he still had no clue. H suggested I call Kia UK which I did, and they said I had to talk to the dealer....he also said they were not responsible for deliveries. I asked him who was and he said there was a separate organisation??! Bizarre. Dealer completely useless and so is Kia UK. I guess that’s what happens when you have no incentive to sell or support your customers. Disgraceful really.

·
Registered
156 Posts
knowing my luck It'll turn up for me after the budget (March 17th) and not have the grant of 3,500 or reduced amount and I wont be happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm hoping that's applied based on when you initially order.

I ordered on 15 December and was given a projected delivery of 15 August. Can't even apply for the Energy Saving Trust loan this early. I really hope the same assistance remains available or I might have to re-think things.

141 - 160 of 362 Posts