Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went on the waiting list at a London dealership about 10 Feb last year. Having been told in the autumn that they expected to know in January when my car would be arriving, I called in last week. I was pleasantly surprised to be told it should be here in February, though they didn’t know when. It will be the 2020 model. Now to sort out a charger.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How do you folks handle the wait? As soon as I put a deposit down, I went from "long wait isn't a problem" to being totally obsessed.

Still got over half a year to go. Too early to even apply to the Energy Saving Trust!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Ordered mine in March '19 dealer placed order April '19, just really starting to get impatient as it's due soon but have no idea as it's like trying to get blood out of a stone with the dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went on the waiting list at a London dealership about 10 Feb last year. Having been told in the autumn that they expected to know in January when my car would be arriving, I called in last week. I was pleasantly surprised to be told it should be here in February, though they didn’t know when. It will be the 2020 model. Now to sort out a charger.
I hope it arrives soon for you. Our order was placed on 25 January and it turned up in early December, a wait of 10 months and 11 days. Do let us know when yours arrives, and confirm that it is the 2020 model. We are greatly enjoying the car (First Edition or course), so I think the long wait will be worthwhile!

·
Registered
25 Posts
At least the long wait have given me the time to read every posting on the subject on Speakev, view every UTube review, and cruise other manufacturer's showrooms to try and prise info from them about VW, Renault Honda etc alternatives. I don't know whether other dealers treat their customers more kindly than Kia, but the general ignorance is something else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered on 16th February 2019, Gravity Blue. North London dealer called today to confirm it would be ready on 4th February, First Edition. So I seemed to have jumped the queue. How is that possible? I was hoping for a 2020 model.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I ordered on 16th February 2019, Gravity Blue. North London dealer called today to confirm it would be ready on 4th February, First Edition. So I seemed to have jumped the queue. How is that possible? I was hoping for a 2020 model.
The Crystal Ray docks in Immingham on Wednesday so your car is therefore on that. It left Korea on 6 December and so was likely built during mid or late November.

The big question is as to when you were allocated that particular car. So it confirms that allocation happens before the cars are landed in country, which would imply that they are allocated just prior to shipping, which makes Kia UK look very sloppy, if they are either leaving dealers in the dark, or not advising them as to how to look up the info.

The ships due on 8 and 17 Feb only left Korea last week (and would have been built mid to late December). It remains to be seen if these will be First or Second Editions

·
Registered
997 Posts
Placed my order with Kia Fleet for a lease on 21 Oct '19 and had final price and financing confirmed last week. Best guess is a June delivery apparently and am looking to firm up my order by the end of the week if I like the car on my 48-hour test drive this week. Can't take delivery until August anyway when my Golf lease runs out so was told: "August should be fine to commence your lease. At point of production I will ask Kia to store the car at port until that time in order that it doesn’t come to us too quickly."

Am I the only one here not minding a slightly longer wait...?! ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder whether a factor in sequencing whose orders get filled next is the number of orders from a particular dealership. If one dealer flags 6 orders on the same day that another flags one, Kia UK might “interleave” them so the smaller dealer didn’t lose out??

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
made a complaint abou my KIA franchise and my salesman called to say I have been told you made a complaint, made no difference at all so that was a waste of time was hoping he's release more details about my order but nope :(

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
made a complaint abou my KIA franchise and my salesman called to say I have been told you made a complaint, made no difference at all so that was a waste of time was hoping he's release more details about my order but nope :(
Not really your dealer's fault as they really don't know anything about specific orders. We respect our salesman because he tells us what he can and clearly admits what he doesn't know.

I monitor what forum members report on here from their dealers, and work out an average delivery estimate for our car, but no-one knows for sure. Some dealers clearly just make stuff up as they don't like to admit they don't know - which is worse.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Realistically, Kia should soon be able to tell all dealers that all orders before xxxx will be fulfilled by a delivery coming on yyyy.

I'd say that there was an initial rush of interest and orders, but I can only assume that this rate will have tailed off somewhat as the summer 2019 went by.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our dealer did his best to keep us informed but the information on the E Niro orders was only put on their ordering system after the car had arrived in the UK. In our case news of our cars arrival came from Head Office.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I realise that but other dealers are so much better with communication and KIA could learn from them
In my experience, no dealers of any make know much about what is going on in the factories until the cars are built.

As a quick example, our daughter was completely misled about production schedules by an Audi dealer this Autumn who over-promised (i.e. made stuff up).

We very much prefer the approach of our Kia salesman who is honest enough to admit he doesn't know. He has given us a latest delivery date (which Kia UK have since confirmed in their press release) but refuses to speculate about when it might actually be delivered.

I honestly don't think it's reasonable to expect dealers to know what is going on in the factory for any car, and especially for the e-Niro which has the complication of the global order backlog and possible battery supply issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer in Edinburgh has gone into administration!

Ordered 27 January 2019 and had been told that my order had been updated in early December by Kia as expected in Jan/Feb 2020 so was expecting a firm delivery date imminently. Called last week and found out the dealer has entered administration.

Tried calling Kia UK (they just referred me to the administrator) and contacting administrator (who aren't responding). I am desperately hoping to find out that my order has been preserved and I haven't lost my £500 deposit (at least I paid that on a credit card).

161 - 180 of 680 Posts