Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting video from Kia Europe on the Kia EV6 which includes a section on driving dynamics. I did not realise that "Drift Mode" is a standard feature on all EV6 models and looks fun.

"The Kia EV6: Source on inspiration - Part 1. Emotional performance"

"Electric vehicles have more potential than traditional internal combustion engines. Fast responding motors and strong power from batteries allow the overall driving experience to be more fun. Drift mode will be a standard feature on our EV6. I'm sure many people will be excited".

Well I for one am excited. Just need to identify an appropriate track day to test this out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can do drifting easy in my Stinger when its raining :ROFLMAO:
In fact the video references that the sporty handling of the Stinger and the fun experience it delivers were an inspiration for building driving dynamics and drift mode into the EV6.

Reactions: Stingersteve

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if the Kia EV6 settings/infotainment system will have any special drift-mode related features, such as those which measure your drift length and give you a rating as in BMWs with that feature. Not seen anything in the many Kia EV review videos, including this very good one on the infotainment system.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone seen any details of the Kia EV6 drift mode in any reviews (written or video)? Not seen any videos with details of the UI for this, however looking at the infotainment I notice the following button which could be how it is enabled.

I'll be looking closely at this feature at the upcoming exclusive customer events. Hopefully it is as fun as the Tesla equivalent featured in this video.

If anyone has found more details on drift mode, please share.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In this official Kia video at 2:35 the subtitles state "Electric vehicles have more potential than traditional internal combustion engines. Fast responding motors and strong power from batteries allow the overall driving experience to be more fun. Drift mode will be a standard feature on our EV6. I'm sure many people will be very excited".

I took this to mean that drift mode will be standard on all models. At the recent Kia EV6 event I could not find the drift mode settings in the car infotainment section, and was told that Drift Mode might only be on the EV6 GT (and by inference not the EV6, EV6 GT-Line and EV6 GT-Line S)

Does anyone have any other official information on Drift Mode and which cars have it?

If anyone speaks Korean perhaps they can check the translation from the video? :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told at the EV6 Experience that drift mode is only available on the EV6 GT which is in contradiction to the video which says it is a "standard feature". To be fair it was not mentioned on the UK spec sheet so I'm not going to cancel my order for my GT-Line S.

This is still sold as a "drivers car" so should be fun. Test drive soon -)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts