Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 317 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread @WarwickBoy . I made my reservation on 16th April. If those prices prove accurate and there are no nasty surprises I will likely go for the long range AWD GT-line. From pictures and videos I've seen I prefer the EV6 over the sister Ioniq 5 but would like to see them both in the flesh.

A few things I'd like clarification on are:
  • Can you have a sun roof and if not is it very dark in the cabin?
  • What does the charge rate curve look like and what is the real world charge speeds on more common 50 and 150 Kw chargers?
  • What's the gen on over the air updates - will that be available at launch, offered later at additional cost, will it support new software features or just map updates?
  • What regular sound system is like and how much the 15 speaker meridian upgrade costs
  • Additional costs for things like paint choice and tow bar preparation
  • Service intervals and costs
  • Insurance costs
  • Do all cables come with car (granny, fast charger cable that supports the 11kW rate, necessary cables and connectors for V2L)
Expect details will start trickling out and we will be able to see reviews in coming months.
re OTA, the Ioniq 5 has been confirmed as maps only and post launch, with car software requiring a dealer visit. big disappointment.

· Registered
179 Posts

Looks like ordering and spec is open in France. Quite please with what is included in the GT-line spec.
I do wonder what is in the advanced driving systems pack.

· Registered
179 Posts
For full transparency I got this information from a Facebook based Kia forum but thought those on this forum would be interested. For UK buyers it seems there will be two EV6 GT Line variants (EV6 GT-Line and EV6 GT-Line S). The GT-Line S includes a Meridian Premium Sound System. If this is anything like those in other marques this will be an awesome system.

It will be interesting to see the price difference between the two variants, and whether you scan specify the Premium Sound System separately.

Only 2 days until we can place our orders assuming the Kia statement in order emails that "The exclusive window to place an order for your EV6 is due to open at the end of April " is still correct.
View attachment 143936
nice! thanks for sharing. which Facebook group out of interest?

· Registered
179 Posts
There is a post on 10th April in the Facebook group called Kia EV6 UK interest group with comment "Just spoke to my dealer to let them know that I have expressed interest in the EV6, and she told me that they are doing a GT-Line S as well as the GT-Line. This wasn't on the website, so thought I'd share it with you guys".
thanks, I am on that group, never noticed that comment though. Thanks for sharing. Just need prices now!

· Registered
179 Posts
Anyone know when Ioniq 5 will be available to view / test drive? I prefer the EV6 but since they are sister companies and make use of the same platform, a look at the Ioniq, which will be available earlier, will give a reasonable idea of the size, quality, performance and drive that we might expect from the EV6.
it was available to view last week in Birmingham. Not sure of any other plans soon.

1 - 9 of 317 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.