Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
261 - 280 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
A couple of Questions,
is Ulsan the departure port? It is along way from the factory.
How do you identify which ship “your” car is on so you can track it?
For Hyundai, yes they ship from ulsan... Kia? I'm afraid I can't remember how I found out which ship it was on... don't think it was the dealer, but I remember communication in general being not great...it was all fine in the end. Good luck!

·
Registered
480 Posts
For Hyundai, yes they ship from ulsan... Kia? I'm afraid I can't remember how I found out which ship it was on... don't think it was the dealer, but I remember communication in general being not great...it was all fine in the end. Good luck!
From Kia Media Centre
Not sure if Pyeongtaek is the port name or an area.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have been doing a bit of research. Kia use Pyeongtaek as their departure port in Korea and land the cars at Immingham before they go to the Kia facility at Stallingborough.
The shipping Company they use is Eukor.
Morning Post departed Korea on 18 June and is due in UK on 29 July, some 6 weeks
Morning Lynn departed Korea on 9 July and is scheduled to arrive on 26 August, 7 weeks later.
So for a car to at the dealers by the end of October, it needs to be on the ship early in September. If it is not en route in September it would appear the car will not be at the dealers until end of November!
Whilst not wanting to be a pessimist, I now believe an October delivery date is looking doubtful, I hope I am wrong!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
I have been doing a bit of research. Kia use Pyeongtaek as their departure port in Korea and land the cars at Immingham before they go to the Kia facility at Stallingborough.
The shipping Company they use is Eukor.
Morning Post departed Korea on 18 June and is due in UK on 29 July, some 6 weeks
Morning Lynn departed Korea on 9 July and is scheduled to arrive on 26 August, 7 weeks later.
So for a car to at the dealers by the end of October, it needs to be on the ship early in September. If it is not en route in September it would appear the car will not be at the dealers until end of November!
Whilst not wanting to be a pessimist, I now believe an October delivery date is looking doubtful, I hope I am wrong!
I spoke to my dealer today as someone who ordered at first launch and they are stated a likely delivery date as October/November and indicated that the specific orders are not yet "in the system" so I would concur with your analysis. (y)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've just been to the EV6 experience at Wessex garage in Newport. Like the car and pretty much convinced me this is what I'm going to order rather than the Enyaq 80x. Just got to check out a very similar car (but petrol) for driving position - the BMW I4 M50 before final decision. Bit on the expensive side but might prefer it. So will make the final decision this weekend. I must have a delivered car prior to the end of March 2022 for business tax reasons. I'm going for the 77Kw GT line S AWD with heat pump. For me, a tow bar is a must and the 1600Kg is also a must which is why the Enyaq has been excluded in the end. One thing that concerns me is that these days a tow bar needs to be factory fitted because of the system and electronic integration (certainly true of my Kodiaq). But it does not seem that you can order it as part of the options/accessories on the EV6. I certainly don't want an aftermarket or dealer fit tow bar as normally the software needs modifying. Has anybody here managed to order a factory fit tow bar? If so, do you know if it has affected lead time? Has anybody got a price for the tow bar? Does anybody think that ordering the Yacht Blue will slow down the delivery as I think all the initial default production is red?

We already have a Zoe and a 22Kw home charger (got 3 phase power) so used to EV charging and driving. Of course the Zoe is one of the few cars that has a 22Kw AC charge capability. EV6 only has 11Kw AC like many EVs..... Before anybody comments, don't confuse this with the DC charge capability of 350Kw (all of 12 charge sites in the UK so far I think).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kia only have dealer fit towbars on all models. I believe they are coded to work with the cars systems properly. This way they have less variation in the factory and keep their costs (and therefore prices) down.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Has anybody here managed to order a factory fit tow bar? If so, do you know if it has affected lead time? Has anybody got a price for the tow bar? Does anybody think that ordering the Yacht Blue will slow down the delivery as I think all the initial default production is red?
As others have said there is no factory fit tow bar option. I spoke to my dealer yesterday and they do not have a price as yet for tow bar. I don't think ordering colors other than red slows down the delivery. I have ordered metallic black (in the initial phase of ordering) and there were a few other "premium" colours that could be specified as well as the option of a heat pump.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On the subject of heat pumps my dealer can not tell me if the heat pump only heats and cools the battery or if it can heat and cool the cabin as well, apparently Kia give no figures showing improved range with the heat pump fitted

·
Registered
368 Posts
My dealer also said the info coming through re heat pumps is confusing, so I decided not to have one :unsure:
As far as I’m aware Heat Pumps have complicated plumbing and are only fitted on the production line. I was therefore surprised to receive this answer in May, from Kia Customer Services, when asked what the ‘Heat Pump Pack’ contained. The reply:-

“The heat pump pack would include the pump itself plus any extras e.g. fitting instructions”

…………

I later found out that the “Pack” contained a Heat Pump and Battery Heater which from memory was a £1175 Option on the GT & GT S Line and Standard on the forthcoming GT.

The page has now been removed from the Internet and reference to the latest Price List shows that the Heat Pump Option is now £900 . No mention of a Battery Heater. Perhaps this indicates that it is now Standard, as it would need to be in order to meet the Ultra Fast Charging claim in certain circumstances.

If you want further evidence of confusion, with Sister Company Hyundai, just ask a couple of Dealers about the optional Heat Pump for the latest Hyundai Kona Electric. When I last looked it is not available when ‘Building your own’ Online Configurator but some Dealers will say that it is an Option - some will say it isn’t. I doubt you will get the same answer twice!

·
Registered
48 Posts
As far as I’m aware Heat Pumps have complicated plumbing and are only fitted on the production line. I was therefore surprised to receive this answer in May, from Kia Customer Services, when asked what the ‘Heat Pump Pack’ contained. The reply:-

“The heat pump pack would include the pump itself plus any extras e.g. fitting instructions”

I later found out that the “Pack” contained a Heat Pump and Battery Heater which from memory was a £1175 Option on the GT & GT S Line and Standard on the forthcoming GT.

The page has now been removed from the Internet and reference to the latest Price List shows that the Heat Pump Option is now £900 . No mention of a Battery Heater. Perhaps this indicates that it is now Standard, as it would need to be in order to meet the Ultra Fast Charging claim in certain circumstances.

If you want further evidence of confusion, with Sister Company Hyundai, just ask a couple of Dealers about the optional Heat Pump for the latest Hyundai Kona Electric. When I last looked it is not available when ‘Building your own’ Online Configurator but some Dealers will say that it is an Option - some will say it isn’t. I doubt you will get the same answer twice!
Thanks for the info can see why the dealers dont know ,
The so called technical guy I spoke to on the reveal that I attended said that in very cold weather the heat pump will let you get more power into the battery by heating the battery giving better range , by the same token if you fast charge in cold weather the car cannot take surplus heat from the battery and put it in the the cabin instead dumping the heat outside and at the same time using power from the battery to run a resistive heater(2kw) to heat the cabin.
Apparently this is not the case when a heat pump is fitted to the E Nero some one has cocked up

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yesterday, on the Kia UK site I accepted an invitation to receive an Electronic Brochure for the EV6 but the Link in the email received, did not work.

The Chat option was of no help whatsoever and this morning Customer Services have told me that the Brochure is not available yet!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yesterday, on the Kia UK site I accepted an invitation to receive an Electronic Brochure for the EV6 but the Link in the email received, did not work.

The Chat option was of no help whatsoever and this morning Customer Services have told me that the Brochure is not available yet!
Kia don't seem to be very organised hope there better when it comes to the cars??????

·
Registered
14 Posts

I got a link as well, but it doesn't work

·
Registered
48 Posts
Call me an old cynic but now beginning to wonder why we have not seen any EV6 road test on you tube apart from the two guys in Korea, are they flooding on to the streets of their home country ? could it be Kia are still trying to iron out the bugs or is it a production problem.
The Ioniq 5 can now be seen on the streets of England would have thought Kia would be hot on their heals I hope the September EV6 road tests go ahead without being put back let alone delivery

·
Registered
360 Posts
Given they share production and the Ioniq is very delayed then it all seems reasonable.
That and they're the same company so they're not going to crowd each other

·
Registered
48 Posts
Given they share production and the Ioniq is very delayed then it all seems reasonable.
That and they're the same company so they're not going to crowd each other
So it comes down to production problems did not think both these cars are made on the same line

261 - 280 of 311 Posts