Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a tow bar for the EV6 not for towing but for a Thule Velocompact 297 bike rack and am considering
1) Specification at Ordering
2) A third-party aftermarket retro-fit

I've done both in the past, specifying at order a tow bar for my Audi S4 Avant which cost £995 as an option and is nicely integrated with the car and released via a button in the boot. On a previous BMW 5 series I got one supplied and fitted by PFJones for £500 which was fine (although permanently "out") for which I had to get BMW finance approval for the associated non-visible bumper cuts.

I note PF Jones do a bar for the Kia e-Nero with the caveat "this Towbar is for bike racks/cycle carriers ONLY, it has no towing weight".
You are being redirected...

So my preference will be 1) unless the option price is significantly more. Wondering if any others on here considering an aftermarket tow bar option?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I added a retractable tow bar when I placed the order for my EV6 Long Range AWD.

They also offered a fixed or detachable tow bar.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I added a retractable tow bar when I placed the order for my EV6 Long Range AWD.

They also offered a fixed or detachable tow bar.
Thank you. I wonder if that is "factory fitted" or retro-fitted by the dealer? Out of interest what was the cost and is it listed on your order form?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It will be fitted by the dealer.
Essentially it was the same options (and price) as is offered with the Kia Sorento (Sorento parts numbers)

A fixed tow bar, at £1040. (P2280ADE00)
A vertically detachable tow bar, at £1390. (P2281ADE00)
A retractable tow bar at £1850. (P2285ADE00+P2625ADE00)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be fitted by the dealer.
Essentially it was the same options (and price) as is offered with the Kia Sorento (Sorento parts numbers)

A fixed tow bar, at £1040. (P2280ADE00)
A vertically detachable tow bar, at £1390. (P2281ADE00)
A retractable tow bar at £1850. (P2285ADE00+P2625ADE00)
Thank you. That looks pricey! I thought £1000 on my Audi S4 for a factory fit detachable bar was a fair whack. I guess it includes all the wiring and integration. I’d better factor in another £1850 on the price! 😀

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
202 Posts
Note that this is Danish prices, so everything is more expensive. :)
I was going to say that seemed expensive. The detachable towbar on my new Sorento PHEV was £815 fitted by dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts