Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that UK customers are taking delivery of their new EV6s I wanted to ask
  • What are the tow bar options and prices?
  • Has anyone had one fitted and can share a photo?

My dealer is still in the dark 馃榾

Registered
I was at a Kia dealers last week looking at the EV6, and asked for a price of the towbar, and they already had a customer waiting for one to be fitted before taking delivery of the car. I believe the price they quoted was in the region of 拢1800 to which I took a sharp intake of breath.... They said it was the flip type that hides under the car, but this is way above the cost of any towbar I've either had fitted after market, or as a manufacturer fit option.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was at a Kia dealers last week looking at the EV6, and asked for a price of the towbar, and they already had a customer waiting for one to be fitted before taking delivery of the car. I believe the price they quoted was in the region of 拢1800 to which I took a sharp intake of breath.... They said it was the flip type that hides under the car, but this is way above the cost of any towbar I've either had fitted after market, or as a manufacturer fit option.
拢1800 does seem a bit steep. For reference a manufacturer fit "electronic" folding tow bar on Audi S4 is only 拢995. A risk of ordering without full price information I guess. :confused:

Circle Event Font Electric blue Pattern

The Kia EV6 brochure shows a detachable tow car rather than an integrated one. Hopefully that is a cheaper option!

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle

Once deliveries start at volume hopefully we will find out from someone who specifies one.

Registered

1 - 11 of 11 Posts