Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not much difference externally apart from the fake grill. New dash and bigger infotainment screen, the latter now blends seamlessly into the surrounding dash.
I like it, not amazingly better, so if I was offered the choice of current model right now, or wait for mostly identical spec/colour new model, I'd probably only wait three months.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lets see if it gets LED HBA headlights, phone app.....and the rest.. I suspect it will..Wave 3.
It may well do but I would imagine it will be at the expense of some other things to keep the price down. LED Headlights alone are a €1k option on the continent so that pushes the price to £38kish. Add in App support and inflation and it’s starting to get very close to that £40k mark, not to mention the thought some people will have about spending that kind of money on a Compact SUV/Crossover with a Kia badge.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Kia responded on Facebook to me asking about the facelift model: they hope to reveal the details of the 2020 eNiro in the third quarter.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Kia responded on Facebook to me asking about the facelift model: they hope to reveal the details of the 2020 eNiro in the third quarter.
Frankfurt motor show again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
my dealer says September too for the revised spec and facelift details. quite like the revised dash so happy if I can get that when they allow me to actually order it...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
If you order one now you will get the facelift when it arrives.

I'm sure it will come with telematics. Tempted to cancel my first edition order, wait until next year and live with a used Leaf until then. I used the app every day, really missing it now.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you order one now you will get the facelift when it arrives.

I'm sure it will come with telematics. Tempted to cancel my first edition order, wait until next year and live with a used Leaf until then. I used the app every day, really missing it now.
Can you delay your order so you're first in the queue for the 2020 model?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My order was placed on 8th April and received this response from dealer yesterday.

Below is an email I received from Kia regarding your questions..
Ever since details of the All-New Kia e-Niro were released we have received unprecedented levels of interest and demand.
Whilst we are continuing to work closely with our colleagues around the world to increase production and supply we recognise that our initial production allocation has now been fully utilised, and in all instances orders will not now be delivered until sometime in 2020.
I found out after your order that there will be some changes to the line-up and specifications of e-Niro planned for 2020 which have yet to be finalised.
This will also impact on pricing. We plan to confirm these details October at which time you will be contacted and given the option to retain or cancel any orders placed.

Undecided at the moment, updated spec is appealing but the ‘sometime in 2020’ is too vague, may switch to a T3.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Can you delay your order so you're first in the queue for the 2020 model?
I have asked my dealer that very question, but I suspect that even if I could the answer would be "no" because then they would have an e-Niro sitting around that they apparently won't make nearly as much money on. Mine is arriving this week, although I won't be able to get down to see it until later in the month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts