Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have just bought a used Kia Niro EV First edition. Its my understanding the UVO app is for the new 2020 models. Does anyone know if the first edition can be updated to use the UVO app? If not are there any features of the UVO app that the first edition has. I'm particularly interested in being able to set charging times i.e midnight to 5am for better charging costs.

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hi All,
I have just bought a used Kia Niro EV First edition. Its my understanding the UVO app is for the new 2020 models. Does anyone know if the first edition can be updated to use the UVO app? If not are there any features of the UVO app that the first edition has. I'm particularly interested in being able to set charging times i.e midnight to 5am for better charging costs.

Thank you,
No UVO app for the first edition in the UK.
I don't believe a retrofit is possible. At least Kia don't say.
You can set charging times from within the car though.

You can get Open Vehicle Monitor https://www.openvehicles.com/
I do have one but don't use it to be honest. Not sure if that supports charge times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats good to know. Dont think i will bother gettign that.

Have you bothered getting a frunk storage for it? If so which one and where from.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
thats good to know. Dont think i will bother gettign that.

Have you bothered getting a frunk storage for it? If so which one and where from.
Never been that tight for storage to be honest.
There's a few other threads but I liked the one that used a simple storage box.
There's plenty of room in the lower boot part for cables and random junk.
I have bought roof bars and box for longer trips though.
I tried a roof bag last year but while it works it was a lot of faff. I've paid up for a proper box now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts