Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kia Niro EV has a weak point that has bothered me since purchasing the car on May 6th 2019, the reverse lights are useless. I found a solution and created this video to help others.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
154 Posts
Where can I het them bulbs in UK?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Where can I het them bulbs in UK?
Not sure if you sorted bulbs as post a month old but I bought mine directly from Auxito based in USA. They shipped them free to UK. Bulb is error free 912 921 T15 led bulbs newest CSP 9-SMD plug n play backup lights. Exactly the same as the DieselLEDS ones. In UK only one reverse light so you'll have a spare. I changed mine and works fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if you sorted bulbs as post a month old but I bought mine directly from Auxito based in USA. They shipped them free to UK. Bulb is error free 912 921 T15 led bulbs newest CSP 9-SMD plug n play backup lights. Exactly the same as the DieselLEDS ones. In UK only one reverse light so you'll have a spare. I changed mine and works fine.
Thanks for the reply and information.
One question though, why do you say there is only 1 reverse bulb in the Niro? There are two, one on each side of the rear bumper cover, as indicated in my video.

·
Registered
224 Posts
In the UK we have been short changed and don't get the same specs. Only 1 nearside reverse light. The other is the rear led fog light. We don't get tilting side mirrors, driver seat memory, panic button, 2 step door locking, blind spot warning, etc! Really like your videos btw!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the UK we have been short changed and don't get the same specs. Only 1 nearside reverse light. The other is the rear led fog light. We don't get tilting side mirrors, driver seat memory, panic button, 2 step door locking, blind spot warning, etc! Really like your videos btw!
It really is a shame that Kia cuts so many features in the UK.
Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
27 Posts
You do now in the form of the 4+.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2020 E-Niro 4+ has tilting side mirrors, just push the mirror switch down to the left and the mirror will tilt when you reverse! It also has 2 drivers seat memory, blind spot warning and many other wondrous things...I wish it had a powered tailgate though!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 2020 E-Niro 4+ has tilting side mirrors, just push the mirror switch down to the left and the mirror will tilt when you reverse! It also has 2 drivers seat memory, blind spot warning and many other wondrous things...I wish it had a powered tailgate though!
I think it depends on the model year and you have to have the seat memory option for it to work since the sided mirror positions are "remembered" by the seat memory buttons. Thanks for letting me know yours has it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tilting side mirrors are on all Niro’s, you just have to push down the mirror control on the drivers armrest for the side that you want to dip when you reverse! The 4+ in the UK has 2 driver seat memory, blind spot warning, heated and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats. But yes it only has one reversing light!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tilting side mirrors are on all Niro’s, you just have to push down the mirror control on the drivers armrest for the side that you want to dip when you reverse! The 4+ in the UK has 2 driver seat memory, blind spot warning, heated and ventilated front seats and heated rear seats. But yes it only has one reversing light!
Actually, if the e-Niro does not have the seat memory option the tilting side mirror function is not present. The 4+ has it, but I don't think the 4 has the seat memory buttons. Someone would have to confirm this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts