Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered car from salary sacriface program.
Anybody know how long is waiting time (UK) for Kia Niro Phev 3DCT ? I don't have this information yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
depends on colour - some dealer stock around but you could be looking at January.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,229 Posts
Out of interest, how well do salary sacrifice schemes stack up to deals in the competitive market place?

I presume it is not as simple as looking at the best current lease deals and it being simply deducted from your salary, I am sure they will not be as competitive at that point, but overall you get some saving in your pocket?

Can anyone reveal a few examples of what the deals exist on salary sacrifice?

The reason I ask is because for years I have tried to badger my own company to offer this and they seem to think it is not a good idea, for reasons I struggle to imagine.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Out of interest, how well do salary sacrifice schemes stack up to deals in the competitive market place?

I presume it is not as simple as looking at the best current lease deals and it being simply deducted from your salary, I am sure they will not be as competitive at that point, but overall you get some saving in your pocket?

Can anyone reveal a few examples of what the deals exist on salary sacrifice?

The reason I ask is because for years I have tried to badger my own company to offer this and they seem to think it is not a good idea, for reasons I struggle to imagine.
Ours are uncompetitive with just going to lingscars or whatever.

We can get a saving on some models.

Gets a bit sticky if you get the p45 during the term of the lease.

You might or might not have a view on whether you're likely to be bothered by ending up at the courts or ombudsman with a product your HR department organize for you. Big meh here but the threat of the ombudsman made some management uneasy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
We took our deal to Kia and they just said they can't get anywhere close. Iirc its 280 a month comes with free insurance for 2 people servicing and tax.. also a replacement car in the event of accident or service

·
26,229 Posts
I just ordered mine on Saturday and I was told beginning of September. However, when contacting other dealers, I was told January. I am not sure if there is a Kia hierarchy in the UK for delivery times
As if ....!!

In my troubled experience, lone dealers with single orders get theirs last. Leasing companies that order dozens are favoured.

·
26,229 Posts
We took our deal to Kia and they just said they can't get anywhere close. Iirc its 280 a month comes with free insurance for 2 people servicing and tax.. also a replacement car in the event of accident or service
Out of interest (I just want to gauge the relative benefit of these sorts of schemes) was that 280 gross, or impact on take home pay, and what was the mileage limitation?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Out of interest (I just want to gauge the relative benefit of these sorts of schemes) was that 280 gross, or impact on take home pay, and what was the mileage limitation?
Take Home.. so pensions can be effected.. but after doing the maths on the savings especially on the insurance/servicing and tax side it was still worth it by a long shot.. it's 8k miles a year

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah it is around 270 per month no deposit, windscreen, tyres full service included with insurance breakdown and courtesy car included.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I ordered at beginning June and just got notified today from my dealership that delivery will be delayed till at least December. They said Kia at the moment aren't manufacturing any Niro PHEVs and contacted customer services to see if they can find out why from head office. Someone on the phone there mentioned that they thought production was halted till September

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
It is happening a lot with most manufacturers as it is taking longer than envisioned to implement WLTP and the certification of every model and variant! So lesser sold models will get put at the back of the queue.. as the prioritise the models that are losing them the most money not being able to be sold / delivered and until it is approved they don’t make the model..

·
26,229 Posts
I ordered at beginning June and just got notified today from my dealership that delivery will be delayed till at least December. They said Kia at the moment aren't manufacturing any Niro PHEVs and contacted customer services to see if they can find out why from head office. Someone on the phone there mentioned that they thought production was halted till September
S Korean goes on holiday for a month, this time of year, IIRC.

·
Registered
291 Posts
October estimate on mine as well i have a VIN number as well as number plate details.. the Kia factory the niro is made is in the top middle of this picture. the port they use is right next door! looking at EUKOR who apparently ship the cars shows 2 boats leaving the port. one arrives in the UK on the 23rd of this month the other the 8th October. this is assuming the info i found online is still correct and Kia ships to Imingham still.

looking at other ports there are a few more so who knows exactly, 3 of them are not due to set sail for a few days so i might discount them.

Kia factory.PNG
boat info.PNG

boat info 2.PNG

boat info 3.PNG

1 - 20 of 35 Posts