1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,315 Posts
Trying to dowload the specs.

All I got was...

>>>

No resource found

Cannot serve request to /content/dam/kwcms/kme/uk/en/assets/vehicles/All-New%20Optima%20Sportswagon1/Specification/all-new-optima-plug-in-hybrid-specification.pdf on this server

ApacheSling/2.3 (jetty/8.1.14.v20131031, OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 1.7.0_121, Linux 2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.x86_64 amd64)

>>>>

And that was after entering my details twice because it gives you two options after you enter your details but if you click on one instead of opening a new window it just goes to a different screen and you can't go back.

A bit pathetic really.

Is this as good as the car would be?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think the link gives a postcode, hopefully a random one.

The 66 reg Phevs seem to be 5k more than the equivalent ice.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,315 Posts
Must be thirsty on a long journey with that 2L engine.
Larger engines are more efficient.

This 'smaller engines are more efficient' thing is basically a myth, because in 'ICE thinking' you need a big engine for a big car. Ergo [so the thinking goes], big engines are less efficient (even though it should be obvious that it's because they are pushing a bigger car!).

The point of a hybrid is that you can pick the most efficient engine (which will be the largest engine you can fit in) but you won't need to run it all the time. Get yourself a tiny engine and it'll be both inefficient and you have to flog it mercilessly, continually.

That's not to say this engine is or is not efficient, but if all else is equal, a larger engine is always more efficient. (If you are interested, I can tell you why, too.)

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Think it's a different, bigger platform. Is the Kia Niro the equivalent of the Ioniq? I think the Optima is the same as the Hyundai i40.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts