Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received an email from my dealer about a safety recall for my Soul EV 64kWh. No further details, just that it is "potential safety issue ".

Anyone else?

Reactions: finchlean

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had a look on the DVLA:
"Outstanding recall found
This vehicle has been recalled since at least 2 January 2021.

Contact a KIA dealership to arrange for repairs."

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
73 Posts
Called my service people - they read the recall note - KRE20 i think they said - its a software update to handle possible failures of the ABS and ESS - according to them not 'dangerous' as brakes still work - just the assistance systems may not. Presumably related to this - which has a side comment re the Soul.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Booked my car with the local dealer, but the earliest appointment was 19th Jan... so a bit of a wait.

No other info about the recall sadly, the person I spoke on the phone had no idea.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
,@foggy69 report back please.

I'm interested to hear if they update the firmware/navigation at the same time!

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
418 Posts
Just had a look on the DVLA:
"Outstanding recall found
This vehicle has been recalled since at least 2 January 2021.

Contact a KIA dealership to arrange for repairs."
I have the same notice on DVLA website (obv.), but haven't heard anything from the dealer

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
539 Posts
I have the same notice on DVLA website (obv.), but haven't heard anything from the dealer
Me neither.

I am not losing sleep over it. It's hardly as if I am piling on the miles right now. And to be fair to them, the dealers are not exactly in 'business as normal' mode at the moment either.

I'll wait until I hear. For a little while anyway.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Received a letter in the mail from Kia.

It details the recall, assuming the same as the Kona. It say there is a problem with the ABS/ESC system, and can "adversely affect the braking performance".

It is supposed to be software fix, and should take around 30mins.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the letter today. Will ask if they can do a free update of navigation at the same time.
I tried that and was told £40.

Let us know how you get along.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
394 Posts
Well that was easy. The car went in at 14.00, at 14.30, I got a phone call saying that it was all done. :)
The service receptionist seemed a bit surprised how easy the job was.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Assuming that you all are talking about the available Kona update, how does it actually work?

What I mean is, in your Kia Soul, do you get Hyundai or Kona signs? Or does the infotainment car change to a Kona shape?

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
418 Posts
Assuming that you all are talking about the available Kona update, how does it actually work?

What I mean is, in your Kia Soul, do you get Hyundai or Kona signs? Or does the infotainment car change to a Kona shape?
Apparently the software image is the same.
It must use the vehicle ID to set the specific personalisation.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Just received an email from my dealer about a safety recall for my Soul EV 64kWh. No further details, just that it is "potential safety issue ".

Anyone else?
Yep mine came last week. I wont do anything about it until the lockdown is over since I'm hardly going anywhere at the moment so my drive to the dealer will likely be the most dangerous trip.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts