Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen posts on this about the heating problem and wanted to ask if anyone else has had similar issues to ours.

So picked up a new e-niro 4 last week.
We had it 3 days..

The wife's driving one evening and hears a loud pop (like a balloon popping)
The check electrical system warning light comes on.
But the cars drives fine.
shes quite close to home so just heads home.

Turns off car and back on warning lights gone out.
next day starts car to defrost the car.. windscreen heater etc on.. 5min or so Check electrical system warning light comes on.

We contact the dealership who says because its a amber warning light the car should be fine to drive.
we drive to the dealership but soon as you turn of the car, the warning light goes out.

Of course initial check and computer says no problem.
Its turns out after some further investigations. a "fuse" has gone which in turn has caused the heater system to fail and needs replacing.( they think the pop was the heater failing.) (giving us the layman terms for the "fuse" and "heater unit")

Also the they cant work out how this "fuse" going has caused the heater to fail. and apparently haven't seen this issue before.

but the parts needed to repair are not available in the UK. We are now waiting to find out how long it will be before we get the car fixed. (at the moment the dealers had the car longer than we have).

the sales rep let slip the fuse is £500 and the heater unit is £3.5k. thank god for the kia warranty.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar issues with the e-niro4.

cheers

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,952 Posts
the sales rep let slip the fuse is £500 and the heater unit is £3.5k.
Those prices are replacement costs including labour - they will not be easily accessible so most is labour. I hope that KIA are looking after you with a suitable loan car and that they fix it soon.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
914 Posts
Very sorry to hear this story. I expect it will be quite some time before it gets fixed. After just 3 days ownership, I would be pushing very hard for a replacement new car swap! Then they can fix yours at their leisure!

Peter

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
the sales rep let slip the fuse is £500 and the heater unit is £3.5k. thank god for the kia warranty.
Check what the warranty on the repair is. If your replacement heater isn't covered to the same level and duration as a factory fitted one, you might want to consider rejecting the car for a new one.

EDIT: fixed typo

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've seen posts on this about the heating problem and wanted to ask if anyone else has had similar issues to ours.

So picked up a new e-niro 4 last week.
We had it 3 days..

The wife's driving one evening and hears a loud pop (like a balloon popping)
The check electrical system warning light comes on.
But the cars drives fine.
shes quite close to home so just heads home.

Turns off car and back on warning lights gone out.
next day starts car to defrost the car.. windscreen heater etc on.. 5min or so Check electrical system warning light comes on.

We contact the dealership who says because its a amber warning light the car should be fine to drive.
we drive to the dealership but soon as you turn of the car, the warning light goes out.

Of course initial check and computer says no problem.
Its turns out after some further investigations. a "fuse" has gone which in turn has caused the heater system to fail and needs replacing.( they think the pop was the heater failing.) (giving us the layman terms for the "fuse" and "heater unit")

Also the they cant work out how this "fuse" going has caused the heater to fail. and apparently haven't seen this issue before.

but the parts needed to repair are not available in the UK. We are now waiting to find out how long it will be before we get the car fixed. (at the moment the dealers had the car longer than we have).

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar issues with the e-niro4.

cheers
Did you ever get this fixed and what was the resultant diagnosis by KIA?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts