1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have done only 100miles and have a few questions:
  • heating smell. Twice already the heating has come on automatically and I get a really strong smell. I would not call it burning, but sort of overheating. Is that normal? I'm planning to start the heating by setting the temp to 25-27deg, and see what I get today.
  • Is there a way to monitor charging speed from the UVO app? It shows charging, but haven't been able to find speed.
  • What is your easiest way to find chargers? Use map in car or UVO app? I'm struggling with the app as it doesn't show chargers...
Thanks,
Todor

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,381 Posts
When I had a new Soul years ago the heating absolutely stunk the first couple of times it was used. I'd probably turn it on full and open the windows. If no smoke comes out it's probably fine :)

I use ZapMap to find chargers usually. In car ones are frequently useless and out of date so I've got into the habit of finding them before I set off and having a few in mind.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did test it earlier today, and it was the same crap...at the beginning. I drove for about hour and a half, and by the end I think it was almost gone (but it could be my nose getting used to the smell).

I'm fine with ZapMap, just looking for suggestions on using the car/map/navi in case I'm missing something. I'm more interested in the process of getting the charger location/address to the car. I tried today the google "send to car" but it did not work.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,381 Posts
There should be a find charge point in there somewhere. If you do a route to a destination you can't reach does it prompt to put in a charge stop on the way?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be a find charge point in there somewhere. If you do a route to a destination you can't reach does it prompt to put in a charge stop on the way?
I haven't tried such a long distance plan yet. I have opened the "Search chargers" provided in the Infotainment system, and that looked quite straightforward, although difficult to sort out speed of chargers. I can look for chargers "around me", "along route" and "at destination". Can I filter them somehow?

I'm looking for any tips on these kind of things if people used them at all. If not, I'm sticking to zapmap.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,381 Posts
I don't know about the new car. The old one couldn't filter. You had to wade through a load of useless 7kw posts to find the one rapid you were after.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts