Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Am very close to buying a used Kia Soul EV.
Just wondering about battery degradation. Has anyone experienced this? How much battery loss after how many years miles? I read someone on this forum was rapid charging almost every day, and only experienced 2% over several years. Anyone needing to have to battery replaced?
Also how would I check battery health? Can I check this on the in car screen or is this something I would need Kia to tell me?
Thanks a lot everyone

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi, Kia should be able to do a battery state of health report for you, I bought my Soul in November and had it serviced a few days later. The health report was free.
Mine is just over 2 years old, and 22,000 miles. Battery health was 100%.
I understand you can buy an OBD reader and get an app that shows state of health on a 27kW car but not on a 30kW car like mine. Hopefully someone else can confirm. It is not something you can do on screen in the car (no battery health bar like on a Leaf).

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Be careful you know what you are buying. Some dealers seem to have issues distinguishing between the 27 and the 30 (usually the wrong way as far as you would be concerned )
You can only check battery health yourself with an app and a dongle, the Niro forum has a thread about this. If it's Kia dealer they can do it or look at the most recent service report

1 - 4 of 4 Posts