Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed a £1000 reservation today on a new Soul EV at Clarke's Kia Kidderminster. The orders will be placed on the Kia order system from tomorrow. I should be number one. Hope it is the same as the e-Niro and each dealer has first order guaranteed
Three colour options available
Blue\Black Roof
White\Red Roof
Black\may have white roof.
Delivery from Q2

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have not got that far yet, I placed the deposit over the phone as he said he had two others interested and told them to go into the dealership tomorrow. I would not be able to get there tomorrow so just placed the deposit. I have early reservations on an ID 3 and a MG ZS. Waiting for Clarke's MG yes same dealer, to go to the ZS dealer meeting next week to find out full specs and pricing

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest I am a bit surprised at the price of the Soul. I suspect Kia are profiteering. It's a bit like they have added on £3500 onto the price so they can take it off again as the government grant. Just got to decide whether it is worth the extra money over the ZS just for the extra features. I really wanted the app for conditioning on my 5.30 am commutes in the winter. The car would not be able to be plugged in at home.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Not being able to plug in at home certainly makes a bigger battery more attractive. For me with a home charger its the freedom for not having to think about when to plug in on trips since pretty much any journey I'd do would be within range of a return journey when fully charged from home.
Now I just have to work out whether the extra features make it worth paying more, but its also wandering into Tesla Model 3 territory. If the Soul is say £450 on a lease (or PCP) thats not far off a model 3 with a bit less range but the supercharger network, the acceleration and the wholly different feel. But, its a bit big for me and conversely, low down, i like the higher ride of cars like the Niro and Soul
Just shows though what Tesla have got going for them that its even in consideration. OR I might even think, well screw it I'll go teh whole hog and get teh Model 3 long range.
Maybe I'll just give up and get a different car every few months with Evezy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have just placed an order via my broker for the Soul EV in Blue (Which I can Cancel) - Because I still have pre-orders in for the VW ID3 and the Polestar 2, and I am still looking at the Model 3 Performance. Will be going to look at the Polestar 2 at the end of the month, VW I may cancel as the UK is not getting the top spec like everybody else, the Polestar 2 would be about £53k same as Model 3 Performance and would both incur Luxury Car Tax where the KIA won't. Just hedging my bets at the moment.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not being able to plug in at home certainly makes a bigger battery more attractive. For me with a home charger its the freedom for not having to think about when to plug in on trips since pretty much any journey I'd do would be within range of a return journey when fully charged from home.
Now I just have to work out whether the extra features make it worth paying more, but its also wandering into Tesla Model 3 territory. If the Soul is say £450 on a lease (or PCP) thats not far off a model 3 with a bit less range but the supercharger network, the acceleration and the wholly different feel. But, its a bit big for me and conversely, low down, i like the higher ride of cars like the Niro and Soul
Just shows though what Tesla have got going for them that its even in consideration. OR I might even think, well screw it I'll go teh whole hog and get teh Model 3 long range.
Maybe I'll just give up and get a different car every few months with Evezy.
Hadn't seen the Evezy option and having just test driven the last of the EV's I might consider (e-golf) for 48hrs. really want to just have an EV for a year or less. So Evezy looks like an option, just a shame they dont have an i-Pace or e-golf or Tesla ModelS as might just go for one of those till ID.3 and others are actually available next year. Like you I do appreciate the commanding view from an SUV type car and the ground clearance does mean some off road ability, or for the UK that just means navigating our farm tracks called A and B roads!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just spotted this thread and headed over to my nearest dealer - I’m the first customer to put a deposit down at Howards Kia in Weston-Super-Mare :)

Currently driving a Leaf 24, and been weighing up the various pros and cons of all of the existing and new EVs with longer range batteries. Can’t afford a Tesla (any model), was considering a used Leaf 40, but really wanted a more modern car all round. Will miss the 360 camera view though...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Contacted two local Kia dealerships about the new Soul EV, they've not even bothered to call back, both of them know I drive the current version, you'd think it would be an easy sale.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Finally got some guesstimate PCP numbers for the new Soul EV which are just meant as a guide but with a £6K deposit we'd need to budget in the region of £500 a month!

To put those numbers in context a 4 year 10,000 mile a year PCP with a £6K deposit on a Tesla Model 3 SR+ results in a figure a little over £400pcm.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Good grief. They don't want to sell any do they?? I was going to enquire this weekend about prices but that's just stupid money frankly.

If you're making a Tesla seem cheap then you've really screwed up the pricing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts