Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found that in their display screen under energy information, consumption screen the 12v battery usage does it come up with a percentage as ours never has?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,524 Posts
What? Can't decipher your question.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Within the infotainment panel there's energy information which shows consumption of the electrics, driving, 12v battery only our 12v battery never shows any consumption despite having lights on, etc. Has anyone experienced this on their Soul EV?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,524 Posts

Does it look like that? The one on the right is Battery care, but that is still the traction battery as far as I know.

Reactions: finchlean

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
418 Posts
As Todor says, the EV screen only shows traction (HV) battery usage.
Battery care only shows the energy used to charge the 12v battery

Where have you seen 12V battery info?
I've not found it on mine...

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
230 Posts
Afaik, Climate and Electronics are loads on the 12V system, though the energy required is obviously drawn from the HV battery via the dc-dc converter. Perhaps the lights are lumped in under Electronics?

I assume Battery Care covers HV battery heating and ventilation, but it could also include charging of the 12V battery, if that is separately metered. If it isn't, perhaps it would also be under Electronics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 138456
Does it look like that? The one on the right is Battery care, but that is still the traction battery as far as I know.
Yes that's the screen battery care but ours never shows any consumption only on battery care. Its never worked from new despite 2 software updates. The latest update has changed everything even the screen colour. Its horrible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As Todor says, the EV screen only shows traction (HV) battery usage.
Battery care only shows the energy used to charge the 12v battery

Where have you seen 12V battery info?
I've not found it on mine...
Sorry, I thought that was the battery care for the 12v and mines never worked so wasn't sure.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,524 Posts
Sorry, I thought that was the battery care for the 12v and mines never worked so wasn't sure.
When I think of it I haven't seen it work ever (but I also don't spend a lot of time on that screen). Anyway, it is still the temperature management for the traction battery, heating or cooling when necessary. It has nothing to do with the 12v.

If you want to see your 12v battery managed, go and watch your parked car for 24hr or maybe longer. Look at the charging lights on the top of the dash. The right most will light up at some point and operate for up to 30min. That is as far as I know, 12v "battery care".

Reactions: finchlean
1 - 9 of 9 Posts